Site News Introducing Matt Kranstuber to the RiptideLab team!

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Hi guys, exciting news today! Eric and I have partnered with Matt Kranstuber as part of our continuing efforts to build riptidelab.com into the premier cubing website. Matt is best known for hosting the incredible "Joy of Cubing" podcast and StarCityGame's "In Contention" podcast. He is one of the pioneers of the cubing format, and is a perpetual innovator of cubing ideas and archetypes.

In addition to his expertise in the field of cubing, Matt has professional experience in marketing and web development. His skills will be much welcomed assets in our efforts to take RiptideLab to the next level.

So please, give a warm RiptideLab welcome to Matt Kranstuber!

Chris Taylor

Contributor
W00! Happy to hear the addition to the team! Huge fan, your color philosophy cube podcasts really helped me shape my cube.

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
To borrow an overused phrase: SHIT JUST GOT REAL.

Personally, I've been a huge fan of Kranny's work over the past several years, and his cube has been a constant source of reference for me as I tune and tweak my own design. His innovation and breakthrough with the black Pox archetype opened my eyes as to what's actually possible in cube design when you break the mold of a traditional cube list and start pushing the boundaries.

I'm thrilled that he'll be joining us here, and using his considerable heft in the cube community at large to help us turn this place into the de facto, one-stop shop for all things cube. Welcome, Matt!

oooo...neat! Welcome to the team!

Usually, I get sidetracked when listening to podcasts and never pay enough attention to fully grasp the content, so I can't say that I have listened to all of Matt's podcast yet, but I'll be sure to try and listen to them in full.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Nice, welcome Matt!
J6VtQVn.png

I like this trend of finding out what the internet thinks about when you say things. This has got to be the driest humor I've ever seen.

Oh and welcome Kranny, I've really been enjoying your cubing podcast.

When I first was building my cube with absolutely no cards to work with, a few folks over at MTGS mailed me extras of staple cheaper cards. It enabled me to get my cube up and running on the very limited budget I was working with.

Well, Kranny sent me--a dude he didn't know, who'd only started posting his lame-ass cube online a bit before--Desertion, Remand, and Fact or Fiction. I think the main reason I still run Desertion is that it makes me happy to see that card, every time.

So yes, welcome!

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! I have been following along with you all since the move from the Google group, but I haven't been able to fully dive into posting until recently. I am excited to discuss building this community with you all, and more importantly, I'm excited to start talking about cube. We'll be discussing various changes and improvements as they come up.

See you on the boards!

VibeBox

Contributor
i'd been hoping to see you around here kranny. to land you as an admin is downright exciting. i had kind of disappeared from here for a hot second while fantasy football started to cut into my Cube interest, but this is invigorating news that makes me want to do the primer work i've been neglecting.

Rob Dennis

Developer
Wow, happy news after not logging in for few days. Joy of Cubing is a highlight whenever it's updated and I think you have a great take on what cubing's about.