Sets Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty

I haven't been part of a collective that wotc has cared about for a solid decade probably.
I'm really sorry you feel that way, and I hope this set exceeds your expectations.

For what it's worth I know what it's like to feel down about Magic. I remember feeling like WOTC was actively making the game worse between the time Khans rotated and Guilds of Ravnica came out by decreasing the power level of new cards and not providing needed reprints. But with hindsight, it's very clear that they learned from those mistakes and attempted to course-correct. I think the people who actually make this game want it to be as good as possible and don't want to upset us if they can avoid it. While I don't trust the PR team to do a good job calming the public, I trust the game designers will learn from their mistakes and do better. I hope you can come to that same conclusion as well someday.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I <3 that trailer, but I can see why not everyone would. The world portrayed in the trailer definitely doesn't feel like old Kamigawa. The spoiled art definitely does feel like the old place in some artworks. I'm curious how they are going to make the digital stuff gel with the fantasy core of MtG and the more traditional parts of Kamigawa that apparently still exist.

To be honest, none of the pictures shown today explictly looks like the old world of Kamigawa. Sure, there are a few trees and stuff, but I don't see the waterfalls with the small hovering "islands" in the sky, the gigabtic forests, whose trees let the monk's cabins seem tiny, or the mystical lantern-lit swamps.

While my hope for something here further diminishes, I try my best to be happy for the people who like this - while I hope to not get any more sci-fi sets in the future.

What an evocative trailer

I like how Magic touches all bases. Sometimes we visit a dragon world where time travel can happen. Sometimes we visit a 100 % urban world with ten old clans who are different but thrive for peace. Sometimes we visit an artificial world that gets invaded by aliens who infect aboriginals. Sometimes we visit a pirate, dinosaur, merfolk, treasure island world.

And sometimes we visit an ancient Egypt world or a futuristic Asian world.