General "Looking for a card"-Thread

Came here to suggest Harm's Way! I did cut it after a while however as it really messes with creature combat (in a rather powerful way that is hard to properly assess when attacking)

That’s a good thing, right?

You want the strong cards in your cube to be the ones that either
1. Has some great synergy cards with other cards in your cube or
2. Be the ones with the most interaction.

Harm's Way is a card that gives interactive games so to speak. Combat matters.

That’s a good thing, right?

It is, depending on what you want. In my case people started to get annoyed by the "cotcha"-feel the card sometimes has. It is also simultaneously strong in and against aggro decks. It can be a white Agony Warp or a protection card against red removal. (Basically what TekLazar was pointing out before.)

That being said, it is definitely an interesting and very flexible card.

the ONE thing i don’t like about damage reflection cards is that they inherently skew against Red more than other colors. it’s the same reason i don’t like running cards with protection from a specific color.
i do really like the effect other than that gripe though.

Hey guys, I'm looking for some cool options for colorless cube occassionals (i.e. cards that make only 20% of a pack and have a four times lower chance of appearing in a draft). I'm mostly looking for inzeresting build-arounds, somewhat narrow payoffs for my archetypes (blink, ninjas, sac, madness, tokens, lifegain, dredge, landfall, spells, cycling, devotion, wildfire, aggro and control) or just some sweet good stuff cards. A few examples of what I have already:

Just throwing some ideas out there:

The orbs

Probably not Winter but if you want a super narrow and strong build-around.

If you want a general good stuff powerhouse.

If you have some shuffle effects. Basically if you like Brainstorm you can also run Top.

I just love this card so much!

Day[9] calls them jank glue and I will never cut them from my cube. They make the non-top tier decks work if the non-top tier has these.

This is how you make a disruptive Strip Mine that doesn’t feel unfair but will still do the job with no downsides.

Very castable! Build around for delirium decks etc.

Not a good card. But it creates an entirely new mega game within the game. Suddenly all that matters is the Platinum Angel. Get the Kaladesh Invention version for this one. The flavor text says it all.

All cubes should have a copy of this card.

Are there any big artifacts in green you would recommend to support Welder, Tinker and the like? I've only found those two:

Sadly, The Great Henge is the kind of card I dislike: It's hard to interact with, snowballs hard and even provides life gain to make it harder to play around. But apparently there are only 8 whole green artifacts so...

I think it would make more sense to be happy that you get to use flexible, colorless targets rather than look for ones specifically in green, anyways.

Thanks for your help with the colorless cards! Today I am looking for some fun red stuff for my occasionals. Mostly splashy stuff and buildarounds. Any ideas are welcome!