General "Looking for a card"-Thread

Scythe Leopard seems ok for your power? Maybe Skyclave Pick-Axe?

I was also going to suggest Flying Kudzu if GTM didn't beat me to it.

See, with 18 vistas people can easily end up with 4 or 5 fetches in their deck plus maybe a bounceland. Vinelasher Kudzu is a great 2-drop and having it attack as a 5/5 flier on turn four without even trying seems too much – even with the risk of it being a bad topdeck later. Without or only with a few fetches, Fledgling would probably be fine at my power level. But so would Lotus Cobra.

Scythe Leopard seems ok for your power? Maybe Skyclave Pick-Axe?

I was also going to suggest Flying Kudzu if GTM didn't beat me to it.

Oh, I am surely trying Leopard again. It's more of a G/x aggro card than something the big landfall deck might be interested in though. Not sure about Pick-Axe, seems quite a bit weaker than Adventuring Gear.

After @LadyMapi inspired me to it, I've looked into cards I've cut in the past, before the vista revolution, because they were a bit too weak. They still look meh to me, but I might be surprised if I try them again:

Last edited:
While not landfall, could using Revolt scratch a similar itch with the Vistas? Stuff like

You get one trigger for an oversized creature, but it doesn't snowball. Not as satisfying of an engine though. For those, you have slower more repeatable cards like

On that same note... some classics:

(Crusher's a fun top-end card for red decks that want to cap out at three lands, since it guarantees that you aren't going to draw anymore. Also there's a goofy combo deck where you run Crusher, Fling, and 38 Mountains...)

While not landfall, could using Revolt scratch a similar itch with the Vistas? Stuff like

You get one trigger for an oversized creature, but it doesn't snowball. Not as satisfying of an engine though. For those, you have slower more repeatable cards like

Should I look more into revolt cards? Absolutely.
Have I considered this before? Not at all.
Am I thankful for this inspiration? Certainly.

But my G/X landfall archetype also wants to utilize stuff like Rampant Growth, Emergent Sequence or Void Snare.

On that same note... some classics:

(Crusher's a fun top-end card for red decks that want to cap out at three lands, since it guarantees that you aren't going to draw anymore. Also there's a goofy combo deck where you run Crusher, Fling, and 38 Mountains...)

After my success with Ore-Scale Guardian I thought about the crusher but wasn't sure if I wanted such an easy 3-mana 6/6 in red :p

Turntimber Sower is pretty dope, though.

Big Chandra (the one that makes emblems on her +)
Inferno Titan
Form of the Dragon
Big Niv-Mizzy
Any good Bolas
Wildfire
Captive Audience
That Izzet burn spell that burns X and you draw X
Kaldra Compleat maybe
Big Karns
Eldrazi Titans

and dont forget irencrag feat so you can go even further beyond

Are there colorless artifacts, low-middle power levels, that aggro and control decks would both be interested in? At least being fine with having them as their 24th card or something like that?

I have a few in my list, but really not that many.

(The servant only in monocolor of course.)

That's a good one, although I would say that's only technically a colorless card. I for one would feel inclined to slot this into my red section.

Are there colorless artifacts, low-middle power levels, that aggro and control decks would both be interested in? At least being fine with having them as their 24th card or something like that?

I have a few in my list, but really not that many.

(The servant only in monocolor of course.)
How strong are the creatures in your cube?
One can think of

I have one if you think it qualifies.

It’s not an artifact but it is colorless and doesn’t go into any specific color like that awesome Shrine. True colorless.

It for sure can go into both aggro and control by design. It can be many things depending on what job you need it for.

It has a high complexity burden of entry point for the player casting it. But not for the opponent.

And you have to accept silverbordered/Acorn cards to include it.

Power level is quite low because it is Standard legal. Always.

Without further ado, and some of you have already guessed it, I present

Thanks a lot for all those suggestions guys. However, I am complicated. Thran War Machine, Heraldic Banner and Welding Jar seem a little weak. Nettlecyst and Stonecoil Serpent seem a little pushed. Lodestone Golem and Monoskelion are already in the list. Others are too un-set-ish, too specific or require creatures.

However, the suggestions of the scaleable bodies and part-time-creatures made me think of this card, and I wondered, if you would count it as a card, that could work in aggro (as a curve topper) and control (as a finisher).

It might also very well just be too strong.

I might also just go for the Endless One. Not being an artifact is a pity, but it is pretty cool, simple yet flexible in how you play it.

Last edited: