Card/Deck Low Power Card Spotlight

To what degree does this scale with the environment?
It scales mostly on if you are graveyard focused. I've tested it a few different times and it is basically a weird threaten, depending on the environment it can be worse or better (obviously). But it's also odd that it cannot target your own graveyard.
I would play it in a multiplayer cube, but I personally would completely ignore it everywhere else, it's just a bit too niche.

I mean, how much of a target does it really need? Even if gets back some random 2-drop for a free attack/sacrifice (twice) while being a 3/2 flier that dies into a 2/1 flier, that's already a lot of value, isn't it?
I mean it needs a target in general. Preferably 2 so the Persist trigger is a greater threat. I wasn't trying to imply it needs a huge beefy boy that will end the game outright, but there are games where an opponent has not a single creature in their GY and yeah at that point it's a pretty miserable game piece for 5 mana.

Things like discard and mill can help mitigate these scenarios happening.

In my case I include it as Persist combo piece so it can have additional function that helps avoid the feelbad floor from occurring as often.

Even if it does pull its weight in the prowess deck, I’d argue that it’s not worth it (my point of view of course). I’ll explain my take.

A while back I made a lower powered version of my cube to contrast with my friend’s powered cube. The synergy was great with many overlapping glue cards and archetypes. But you know what? It wasn’t as good as I had hoped because a bunch of the cards just weren’t exciting to draft or play! Sure they fit the decks and archetypes just right, but that helped me realize that you’ve got to give your drafters something to work with!
Nobody really wants to cast a 3/1 for 3 if they don’t have to (again, my very subjective point of view). I’d rather find a more exciting card that can have applications in the prowess deck (even if not as explicitly supporting the deck).