Card/Deck Low Power Card Spotlight

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I cut it in my most recent update. It's been a three for one (or better) a bit too often for my liking. Just imagine the scenario where they are attacking with two 4/4's and you have a Prophetic Bolt in you graveyard. Yeah, it gets ugly. And you are the one with a 5/6 left too!

If you want a fair Torrential Gearhulk that does work well in lower power cubes, try...

drumroll...

I'm not even kidding! This card scales perfectly with the power level of your cube :)

Snappy was in my cube til just now :) I lost the copy (back to the friend who lent me it), I'm thinking of buying my own copy. I really wish there were more of that kind of effect. I'm thinking of testing mission briefing.

Snappy was in my cube til just now :) I lost the copy (back to the friend who lent me it), I'm thinking of buying my own copy. I really wish there were more of that kind of effect. I'm thinking of testing mission briefing.

It's gonna be a cheaper buy/trade thanks to Ultimate Masters. Just don't wait too long... I was waiting for the price of Cryptic Command to drop a bunch after it had a reprint in Iconic Masters, but I waited to long and it spiked again after control became a modern meta deck again.

I think Snappy is also too good for low power. I play:

I would also like to hear your reasoning. My experience is that snapcaster scales with the kind of spells you can rebuy. It's a very fun card! Devils is a good complement to snap, but there's a cost difference that makes snap go in more proactive decks than devils.

Even tho ramp and overrun effects are squarely in green's color pie, Song seems different somehow - less braindead, more skill-testing, more of a challenge and a puzzle during deck building. Am I way off?

vs

What's the better card for a ramp deck, a card back or some life gain? I can see an argument for both, since the life gain helps buy some time, but the card is probably much more worth it in the mid to endgame where you just want to get more gas.

I'd vote for weirding wood....one of the biggest buzzkills of ramp in cube and draft is drawing it late game when it's irrelevant. Weirding wood doesn't have that issue as it at least replaces itself.

Yep, ramp loves card draw. Lifegain is ok but the decks that play these cards usually have a fine aggro mirror anyway.

Has anyone ever had any success whith this guy(girl?):

Seems like a cool way to push enchantress( maybe a grindy abzan/esper version) and a cool alternative to Eternal Dragon(the art and my fetish for everything that is Lorwyn-related are a factor too!)

I know Dom likes Evershrike and says it's good if you have a lot of auras. I would've loved to run it but most of my auras are Bestow guys, and don't offer the density of auras to rez it again and again.

I will say that a very cute and strong engine is Evershrike + Rancor