Card/Deck Low Power Card Spotlight

Aren't most of the graveyard filling cards safety net including anyway?

just don't start dredging up your Gravetroll before you've drew either the LabMan himself OR a piece of creature recursion.

The safety net is the "creature recursion" you mention, not any of the cards shown, except the Wand with it's second ability (which is why it's a nice card).

Winding Way in no ways offers you the chance to get LM back from the dead. Something like grapple with the past is a good example of a GY-filler that also offers recursion, but far be it from most GY fillers having that feature.

Lots of great back and forth!

@Rasmus Källqvist You're right! We've been getting a lot more graveyard fuel that makes discarding or milling late-game business core to the deck's game plan. And I like the versatility of some of these options in that they are valuable to a variety of other color combinations.

And with so much fuel available to spend your mana on in your graveyard, I think there are some cool lands interactions between {U} and {G} that can get pretty interesting:

The safety net is the "creature recursion" you mention, not any of the cards shown, except the Wand with it's second ability (which is why it's a nice card).

Winding Way in no ways offers you the chance to get LM back from the dead. Something like grapple with the past is a good example of a GY-filler that also offers recursion, but far be it from most GY fillers having that feature.

Well, with loot effects ypu can just chose to not discard lab man, and with winding way, you can chose creatures to not mill it. Just to clarify what I meant here.

But yeah, I think simic selfmill is a very deep and rich archetype and of course works well with black too. But to stay on colors, here are a few more unmentioned cards I've liked in that archetype:

Has anyone ever tried this card in a cube? It creates relevant bodies (2/2s with potential upside) and the rate seems decent for lower powered cubes. And the first ability is probably a good way to make up a potential tempo loss.

An obvious comparison would be Dawn of Hope, a card I am very fond of in my cube. But Mastery here is no card draw engine. Do the better "tokens" make up for it?

Has anyone ever tried this card in a cube? It creates relevant bodies (2/2s with potential upside) and the rate seems decent for lower powered cubes. And the first ability is probably a good way to make up a potential tempo loss.

An obvious comparison would be Dawn of Hope, a card I am very fond of in my cube. But Mastery here is no card draw engine. Do the better "tokens" make up for it?
I've been playing this card in my Cube recently since it was a powerful standard card back in the day, and I think it's ok. A lot of this card's power came from having multiple copies in decks that were ramping a ton with Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx. It was possible to be making three 2/2s a turn with this card back in the day.

Since your Cube is pretty low power, I think this functions just fine as a card advantage engine in board stall games. You can even turn any creatures you "draw" face up for their mana cost later in the game. I think if Dawn of Hope is performing well for you, Mastery of the Unseen should be a wonderful potential inclusion. You can even get the cool Ugin promo version!

At the speed of your cube, I think this is pretty powerful actually. 2/2s are much more relevant than 1/1 lifelinkers. Opponent also never knows what they are attacking into, since you can flip a bigger creature or manifest EOT.

It's kind of a game speed polarized card, just like Dawn of Hope, which will be bad in some matchups, but very strong in others. Be wary that if you add too many of those, then there's a lot of payoffs for being slow and with enough defense (like Wall of Omens mentioned in the other thread) it may become an environment where tables are 7 control decks and 1 aggro deck.