Card/Deck Low Power Card Spotlight

Could this Alchemy card simply be a refined version of Sunblast Angel?

It only kills the stuff that actually hit you, so it is less likely to plague wind your opponent. But for 5 mana, the 4/5 flying body feels much better to cast on curve without killing something.

It also seems to work perfectly fine in paper.

Could this Alchemy card simply be a refined version of Sunblast Angel?

It only kills the stuff that actually hit you, so it is less likely to plague wind your opponent. But for 5 mana, the 4/5 flying body feels much better to cast on curve without killing something.

It also seems to work perfectly fine in paper.
worth a test probably! i like the design and it’s not a huge memory tax

Brutal against tokens lol. It boops every single same-token out of existence if even one of them hit you the previous turn.

Can I maybe get you guys to spam some low-power reanimator cards for me?

For the actual reanimating I am looking for mono black cards but I don't mind anything being thrown my way.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Has anyone ever played with this thing in any context?

Oof, looooong ago, since I started playing with Invasion block. This card is just really, really bad. It's either a blue Gray Ogre, or a far too expensive discard outlet that requires two colors. The fact that it turns in an oversized stat dump with no evasion of any kind, means it's going to be relentlessly chump-blocked as well. I could only see it get any consideration whatsoever in a format that is geared towards morphs (so it's base stats are fine-ish, and games go long enough to make paying the kicker feasible from an average game length perspective, since morph environments are usually slow-ish) and that features some sort of slow value reanimation deck to leverage the discard cost (reanimate a fatty without having to unmorph it) and that lacks heavy token support (so the big body without evasion is meaningful). That's a very specific environment! :)

Edit: I misremembered the card, and forgot it gains flying. Still bad, but more promising in said environment!

Last edited:

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Oof, looooong ago, since I started playing with Invasion block. This card is just really, really bad. It's either a blue Gray Ogre, or a far too expensive discard outlet that requires two colors. The fact that it turns in an oversized stat dump with no evasion of any kind, means it's going to be relentlessly chump-blocked as well. I could only see it get any consideration whatsoever in a format that is geared towards morphs (so it's base stats are fine-ish, and games go long enough to make paying the kicker feasible from an average game length perspective, since morph environments are usually slow-ish) and that features some sort of slow value reanimation deck to leverage the discard cost (reanimate a fatty without having to unmorph it) and that lacks heavy token support (so the big body without evasion is meaningful). That's a very specific environmen! :)
The kicker gives it flying!