Card/Deck Low Power Card Spotlight

tacked on lifegain is the best kind of lifegain and spider's lifegain is surprisingly real on the defense

Oh, I love incidental lifegain, but Iwas referring to flavor here. Why does a spider, that shoots web balls, dying, cause me to gain life equal to the creatures in my graveyard? It makes absolutely no sense to me. And designwise, tge abilities seem rather disconnected as well.

Oh, I love incidental lifegain, but Iwas referring to flavor here. Why does a spider, that shoots web balls, dying, cause me to gain life equal to the creatures in my graveyard? It makes absolutely no sense to me. And designwise, tge abilities seem rather disconnected as well.
when it ETBs, you sacrifice another creature (it 'eats it'), then when it dies U gain 1 life per thing it's conceivably "eaten". I think it scans as a flavourful whole

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
A lot more playable. It easily represents massive amounts of damage already, but when you can make sure your first discard is a rootwalla instead of that Lightning Bolt you were sandbagging, that’s going to make a noticeable impact!

Yes, much better but I probably still wouldn't play it. It still requires to be heavily into a madness-like archetype. Personally, I would always look into cards like Faithless Looting, Burning-Fist Minotaur or Voldaren Epicure first, that are less reliant on a Rootwalla in your hand.
Well, all your examples have one thing in common. They do not leave your opponent a choice. As much as I love

, they have an issue with all information on the table and the opponent can choose. Always the worst option will be chosen. Most invasion block separators suffer from the same issue, but the invasion ones are much stronger. (They have 2 piles as opposed to something and life.)

I would like to highlight this little friend:

The body might be kinda small these days, but it can trade up against pretty much anything (either because you used it to chump something bigger, or you drew a card off of someone blocking it), it dissuades people from destroying it, and it happily enjoys being sacrificed for value. The combo of deathtouch and replacing itself upon death on a decent body is really nice.

I run the Prowler and can attest that a surprising number of decks are actively happy to see this show up as their 13th pick. Solid B- level card. It also plays really nicely with equipment and any auras you might run.