Card/Deck [M14] Elvish Mystic

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
No, no, I've seen the links, I just would like to know what you were going for!

:p Uh... isn't that like trying to ask people why they rickroll? You're going to need a better authority figure than me to answer the question of why humans attempt really stupid jokes for no reason.

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
You should have done the same with the "discuss this article in our forums" at the bottom.

Anyway guys, can we stop bashing MTGS already? I've not really been there and I frankly don't give a shit. I do give a shit that there is great content here at riptidelab. The old cubedrafting.com forums somehow died because nobody had anything to talk about. The amount of interesting things we discuss here really makes me wonder how that was possible at all. So props to us for being so amazing, but we don't have to be assholes about it.

Anyway, you can totally just ignore me if you want to. I have a constant internal battle because I hate making fun of people, but god damn is it hilarious.

Mtgs cube forum feels a bit like it is going down that road. People avoid pivotal and meaningful discussions because many take a hard line on an issue related to it and things have a really easy time slipping into old arguments. Something about the atmosphere there lends itself to trying to shut each other down or at least assert yourself. A lot of precedence citing happens but very little engagement with new ideas.

I'm not trying to rag on them. There's all kinda of great stuff too.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
You should have done the same with the "discuss this article in our forums" at the bottom.

Anyway guys, can we stop bashing MTGS already? I've not really been there and I frankly don't give a shit. I do give a shit that there is great content here at riptidelab. The old cubedrafting.com forums somehow died because nobody had anything to talk about. The amount of interesting things we discuss here really makes me wonder how that was possible at all. So props to us for being so amazing, but we don't have to be assholes about it.

Anyway, you can totally just ignore me if you want to. I have a constant internal battle because I hate making fun of people, but god damn is it hilarious.

Eugh, yeah. I try not to dwell on it. I think it's far more important to collectively focus on what we are than what we aren't. I don't really talk about that forum much, other than providing a playful joke link that most people probably didn't even notice. Everybody knows how I feel about the place so I don't feel the need to reiterate. I try to redirect in a positive direction, e.g. earlier in this thread "spamtrash" was sharing his thoughts on MTGS, and I tried to shift the focus onto us.

At the same time, some people have a real "group therapy" attitude when they come here. They like the idea of bonding with other "victims", and take solace in the fact that they aren't alone. I don't begrudge any one for bashing the place. I know posting there made me feel horrible, and my negative emotion towards the place was pretty much served as the motivation for writing for ChannelFireball. I wanted to show people that there was a different way to think about cubing. A more positive way. The fact that you are all here is a testament to the fact that others feel the same way. There is a large displaced contingency that feel that MTGS is very toxic, and for years there was nowhere for them to go. I'm happy for RipLab to fill the void.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
The stakes have been raised:
20_03.png

CML

Contributor
hey now alliances coughed up all sorts of gold. it had to, because ice age was so terrible that the game was going to die. (or so goes the history of eastasia ...)

i dont see necropotence running around any legacy lists