General Modern Banned List Update

does this list look any good to take to the local thing today and try to ruin everyones day thats trying to make bitterblossom work

edit:

skred

Lands (23)
Scrying Sheets
21 Snow-Covered Mountain

Ones (12)
Relic of Progenitus
Lightning Bolt
Skred
Pyrite Spellbomb

Twos (5)
Mind Stone
Pyroclasm

Threes (13)
Volcanic Fallout
Blood Moon
Boros Reckoner
Magus of the Moon

Fours (4)
Koth of the Hammer

Fives (3)
Thundermaw Hellkite

Sideboard (15)
Combust
Dismember
Anger of the Gods
Shatterstorm
Stormbreath Dragon
Blasphemous Act
Chandra, Pyromaster
Pyrite Spellbomb
Relic of Progenitus

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
Holy shit I have a 200 dollar magic card. I traded for a judge bitterblossom ages ago for cube. I was like "It's pretty ugly, I'd rather have a normal one" and the guy was like "nah man, it's an investment." I took it to make him happy. Thanks Henry that was good advice!
edit: ok not really that expensive, but still.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
I love that one of my buddies is arrow convinced that SCG and other major retailers got a tip off that bitterblossom was coming off the banlist so they stocked up.
Nah, actual speculation is just this mystic power that only savants have right?

Dougggggg

Reigning Draft Champion
I'm probably just going to stick to the exact same 75. I've been playing Kiki-Pod and it has access to naturalize effects in both the main deck with more in the board so Bitterblossom doesn't scare me. Pod decks in general are good at crowding the board and making it tough for WN to really do anything. Izzet Staticaster becomes awesome now with the ability neuter Bitterblossom and now that Deathrite is gone, more one toughness dorks will be present in the format.

CML

Contributor
I love that one of my buddies is arrow convinced that SCG and other major retailers got a tip off that bitterblossom was coming off the banlist so they stocked up.

eh, not too hard to predict. i'd be surprised if someone tipped scg off as wotc employees are very loyal (to the point where they have no independent thought, arguably) and playing it the company way would not be supporting the secondary market, especially with inside information.

if it were true, though, i think i would commend that person for spilling the beans

Nevermind that other retailers also rose their prices around there. SCG is just popular to hate and people that like having an enemy will find any "evidence" they can to justify their hatred. I personally rarely, if ever, order from them anymore, but I don't think they're evil. They're just rarely the best place to order from.