Card/Deck Multipost

*Necro*

I'm thinking of adding Cloud & Glimmerpost and have the drafter get 3 additional ones with the initial pick.

Is anyone still running Cloudpost in their cube and care to share some experiences?

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
*Necro*

I'm thinking of adding Cloud & Glimmerpost and have the drafter get 3 additional ones with the initial pick.

Is anyone still running Cloudpost in their cube and care to share some experiences?

My final package was 3-Cloud, 2-Glimmer. That felt about right for a 40-card deck.

My final package was 3-Cloud, 2-Glimmer. That felt about right for a 40-card deck.

2 things make me wonder:

- You say "was" - you took them out of your Cube? - Why?

- You had a 3/2 split - is 4/4 too strong or what was the reason for the 3/2?

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
2 things make me wonder:

- You say "was" - you took them out of your Cube? - Why?

- You had a 3/2 split - is 4/4 too strong or what was the reason for the 3/2?

3/3 was too strong, and 4/4 would be outrageously good I think.

I use the past tense because I haven't run my cube in a long time, not because I took them out.

I have the same setup as Jason has in the ULD. I find that landfall and 5-Post often want to overlap, which is really sweet. Mostly because the deck is ramping out Baloths and Avenger, but also because Exploration/Oracle really pushes this deck over the top. Being able to drop multiple lands + fetchlands helps power out the Posts.

As a side note, has anyone tried Vesuva as its own pick in the ULD? I sounds like it might just be extra fixing/utility for drafters who already have it and nothing for those who need to pick those things up.

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
I have the same setup as Jason has in the ULD. I find that landfall and 5-Post often want to overlap, which is really sweet. Mostly because the deck is ramping out Baloths and Avenger, but also because Exploration/Oracle really pushes this deck over the top. Being able to drop multiple lands + fetchlands helps power out the Posts.

As a side note, has anyone tried Vesuva as its own pick in the ULD? I sounds like it might just be extra fixing/utility for drafters who already have it and nothing for those who need to pick those things up.

It's been a pet card for me for a long time. I don't have a ULD, so I just main cube it. I have to admit, it's wasting a spot. But the potential to copy City of Ass and untap them both with Garruk Wildspeaker is too awesome! Maybe it's time to use a ULD? I dunno, I don't care that hard.

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
4/4 is really, really good. I mean, you might not even include all 8 in your deck, but having your choice of a 4/3, 4/2, 3/3, 2/4 or 3/4 split is really, really, really good.

I run 3/2 and Vesuva and its been pretty sweet in some decks. One deck came together used Mana Breach, Meloku, Exploration and Oracle of Mul Daya and it was sick how much life they could gain while ramping.

What about (just to explore all the possibilities) separate picks that are fatter? IE, 4 clouds is a pick, 3 glimmers is a pick. So you can go either, or if you really want both, then you commit with 2 picks.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
When we did that, it introduced a weird hate draft dynamic that wasn't really fun. Better to have them packaged as two picks than open up the possibility for someone to randomly hate you off the deck.

When I cube with folks on IRC, it's not actually a "utility draft" because there's no easy way to make that work. It's a "pick 4 lands from this list" thing. But I can see how that'd be annoying in a real ULD!

Laz

Developer

There was some discussion of Post decks the other day, with Blacksmithy talking about post decks that his group had drafted, so I thought I would bring this thread back up. What are people currently running? How are they distributing them, and what tends to come of it?

I was contemplating having 3 Cloudpost/2 Glimmerpost in the ULD, with Vesuva in there as well. Not sure how to handle the 'group-pick' dynamic, but I will take that to the ULD thread... (until this thread gets derailed by it in 3... 2...)

The way we currently draft is pretty different and i wont get into it here, but all of my lands (even duals) are in the ULD, and it's the last thing to be drafted. We shuffle an appropriate amount of the ULD stack into land packs and draft it as normal. I include 4 of each post using that setup. Post decks are popular here, but not dominant.