Sets (NEO) Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty Previews

1643897466814.png
Rabbit Battery
Haste
Equipped creature gains +1/+1 and haste.
Reconfigure R

1643897503005.png

Ogre Head Helmet
Equipped creature gets +2/+2
Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, you may sacrifice that creature. If you do, discard your hand and draw 3 cards.
Reconfigure 3

I really like both of these as well!

I was thinking of exactly your cube, and specifically your red section. It's basicly a colorless conspiracy theorist!

Cards like Conspiracy Theorist and Containment Construct allow the discard theme to scale up in power and leave behind some of the lower-powered madness cards. This set is offering a lot of pieces that intersect artifacts with discard and is exactly what I needed to focus my red section at a higher power level.

I'm a happy camper.

FDF194EE-ECF2-4A74-9DD7-661975D97B55.png

If you start by looking at the channel ability. It is not a spell so it bypasses Counterspell. It can return 2 cards from the GY for 4 mana. And 3 for 5.

Compare with

It is crazy!
Ans it is an instant. The downside is micro.

And then it can even be cast early for some card advantage or tempo.

Speaking of which, holy madness on legs, Batman:

View attachment 6572

It definitely has upsides (can play at any point this turn, handles lands ;) ) and downsides (can't play creatures without flash on opponents' turns), but overall this is incredible glue. This is a Piker I can respect.
I think this is going to be a 2-of in my cube, and seems like a possible replacement for the recently discussed crucible of worlds. Sure it can't handle fetches and lands that have sat in the GY, but it handles any land that's being pitched from hand (cycling lands, besides any normal discard outlet) while offering all the other upsides that come with it.

Grace lighter wouldn't be a standout in most sets, there will always be enough rares and mythics that are simply better. It is, however, much better than previous iterations of this effect.
I just meant that there are lots of sets where this sort of card would be one of the most played additions to the Cube format. For example, if we look at the data for Guilds of Ravnica on CubeCobra, we can see that Plaguecrafter is the 4th most played new card in the entire set (10th overall including reprints, 5 of which are the Shock Lands). I don't think Gravelighter has that sort of staying power in Neon Dynasty because the rest of the set is so juiced.

View attachment 6578

If you start by looking at the channel ability. It is not a spell so it bypasses Counterspell. It can return 2 cards from the GY for 4 mana. And 3 for 5.

Compare with

It is crazy!
Ans it is an instant. The downside is micro.

And then it can even be cast early for some card advantage or tempo.
that Channel is an {X}{X} cost, so 4 mana for one, 6 for two, etc.

Still a really strong channel ability.

FKsCuvUXIAAjYSq.png

I guess that's what the Fox said...

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I just meant that there are lots of sets where this sort of card would be one of the most played additions to the Cube format. For example, if we look at the data for Guilds of Ravnica on CubeCobra, we can see that Plaguecrafter is the 4th most played new card in the entire set (10th overall including reprints, 5 of which are the Shock Lands). I don't think Gravelighter has that sort of staying power in Neon Dynasty because the rest of the set is so juiced.
Don't bet on it, because of Peasant cubes, uncommons often have some advantage over rares in numbers :)

Rabbit Battery
Haste
Equipped creature gains +1/+1 and haste.
Reconfigure R
I'm really digging this card. It's a really great way to upgrade early game beaters into midgame threats. Plus, this card plays well with opening hands with two one-drops but no two-drops: you can play this turn one, play the other one drop turn two and then equip this and swing for a bunch of hasty damage.

I think this is a definite inclusion for me.