Sets (ONE) Phyrexia: All Will Be One Previews

That's a great planeswalker. Her first +1 technically protects her by preventing the targeted creature from attacking planeswalkers, making her good in control decks that play to the board. The 0 lets her do cheaty stuff but not too much cheaty stuff while the card selection ability prevents her from running away with the game. A really solid design.

Vraska has been compleated
Specifically, she's a sidegrade to Ob Nixilis Reignited.
vraskabetrayalssting.jpg

I think Vraska is more interactive and more interesting than Ob Nixilis, but much like many of the other cards in this set, she seems like a card a lot of people will skip because of its complexity. Personally, I like her high starting loyalty in 6 mana mode.

I'm a bit sad the forums are so dead during spoiler season.

I said it a few years ago. Wizards are killing paper Magic when they make Arena more appealing than paper. And they are killing Magic long-term when they make any non-rotating format more appealing than Standard.

It’s still true today.

They can still save the game. But they have to make people move from Commander to paper Standard.

I'm a bit sad the forums are so dead during spoiler season.

For me it's the complexity of the cards spoiled so far. I'm very excited for the C/U dump, but I don't understand why we need Malcator when we have Blade Splicer. Yes, the additional ability is nice, and yeah, "Phyrexian Elephant Wizard" is a dope typeline, but the latter does 90% of the job with 30% of the complexity and in one color, so why bother? Incidentally, that's the card that made me decide to run Blade Splicer.

MARO has made his teaser. Are you on it @TrainmasterGT ?

• a Phyrexianized Staff of Domination
• another Sword of ______ & ______

These are interesting I think
Per MaRo:

Before previews for Phyrexia: All Will Be One officially begin, I thought it would be fun to do another of my Duelist-style teasers where I give tiny hints of things to come. Note that I’m only giving you partial information.

First up, here are some things you can expect:

• an ability word named corrupted

• an artifact that grants loyalty abilities to planeswalkers you control

• a new Phyrexian Mite creature token with a keyword ability

• a four-color legendary creature

• a new type of counter

• a reprint with Phyrexian in its name (other than Phyrexian Obliterator)

• a new keyword with an exclamation point in its name

• affinity returns on three cards

• a Phyrexianized Staff of Domination

• another Sword of ______ & ______

Next, here are some rules text that will be showing up on cards:

• “If one or more tokens would be created under your control, twice that many of those tokens are created instead.”

• “Discard your hand, then draw four cards.”

• “This spell costs 3 more to cast if it targets a creature.”

• “If target player has fewer than nine poison counters, they get a number of poison counters equal to the difference.”

• “Players can’t cast noncreature spells from graveyard or exile.”

• “At the beginning of each player’s upkeep, CARDNAME deals 2 damage to that player unless they control two or more basic lands.”

• “it has all activated abilities of all land cards in all graveyards.”

• “Then if a graveyard has twenty or more cards in it, you draw three cards.”

• “If a creature dying causes a triggered ability of a permanent you control to trigger, that ability triggers an additional time.”

• “Search your library for a basic, Sphere, or Locus land card, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle.”

Finally, here are some creature type lines in the set:

• Creature – Phyrexian Jellyfish

• Creature – Phyrexian Fungus

• Creature – Phyrexian Dinosaur

• Creature – Cat Rebel

• Artifact Creature – Phyrexian Squid

• Creature – Phyrexian Basilisk

• Creature – Ogre Rebel

• Artifact Creature – Phyrexian Masticore

• Legendary Creature – Phyrexian Rat

• Legendary Creature – Phyrexian Elephant Wizard

Tune into Phyrexia: All Will Be One’s Debut tomorrow at 9am PT on Magic’s official YouTube and Twitch channels.

We've seen about half of these already, but notably, we have not seen the following:
–The four-color legendary creature
–The Phyrexianized Staff of Domination
–The Affinity Cards
–The Sword

So... there's still a lot of exciting stuff to be found!

Since we have already seen
ixheldescendantofatraxa.jpg

Ixhel, Descendant of Atraxa
1WBG
Legendary Creature - Phyrexian Angel
Flying, vigilance, toxic 2

Corrupted - At the beginning of your end step, each opponent who has three or more poison counters exiles the top card of his or her library face down. You may look at and play those cards as long as they remain exiled, and you may spend mana as if you were any color to cast those spells.
I am going to bet that we're going to get Atraxa, praetors' voice in standard. Imo, it may as well be confirmed :p

Nissa Revane has been compleated

View attachment 7905
The best MV>4 green walker, without a doubt. That said, my high-end is already quite full in the color, and the cards I have there currently have the creature type line, which is quite important for the synergies I support. As I continue to try to lower the average MV of my cube to make for more interactive gameplay (and to prevent newer drafters from drafting oops all 4 drops decks that can't keep up) I'm more hesitant around cards like this, but we'll see how I feel after getting my hands on it.

The best MV>4 green walker, without a doubt.
I think I might actually disagree - if she's coming down on 5, the options are 4 loyalty and a 4/4 or 2 loyalty and a disenchant.

I'd rather have Nissa, Who Shakes the World on 5 - you get 3 in right away if you need the haste and/or two mana back.

That said, I am fairly certain I'm underrating the ability to come down on 7 and faux-Craterhoof right away (especially if your cube is of the power level to support Rofellos, since then you have multiple incentives to make sure it's actually good enough), and I have no idea how to evaluate her at six (probably pretty strong? like, +1 for a 6/6 and 6 loyalty seems very favorably comparable to Wrenn and Seven which was good enough for Standard)

...so you might be right, but I value being the best 5 more highly than also being a good 6/7 and am prepared to be wrong about that!

Thank God
So we'll get a reprint of her in the Commander set then? Please?
atraxagrandunifier.jpg

Atraxa, Grand Unifier
{3}{G}{W}{U}{B}
Legendary Creature - Phyrexian Angel
Flying, vigilance, deathtouch, lifelink
When Atraxa enters the battlefield, reveal the top 10 cards of your library. For each card type, you may put one card of that type into your hand. Put the rest at the bottom of your library in any order. (the card types are Artifacts, Tribal, Creature, Enchantment, Instant, Land, Planeswalker, Sorcery.)
7/7

Seems like it would be good if it didn't cost 7.

Last edited: