General P1P1 with Marshall Sutcliffe and Rashad Miller

So I just went to GP Minneapolis and wanted to get some signatures. To make things somewhat interesting, I took a cube pack and had Rashad and Marshall pick their card and sign it. Now for funsies, I'm posting that same pack. Pick yours, and there's also the metagame of trying to guess which one Rashad and/or Marshall picked.

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
Acidic Slime! But that's cause I love me some green.

(I edited your post to use the [ci] tag instead of [c], for easier viewing. Hope you don't mind.)

Dom Harvey

Contributor
I take Mulldrifter, with Silverblade Paladin and Murderous Redcap as the next best cards, and idc what Marshall or Rashad picked

CML

Contributor
if someone held a gun to my head and said i had to win the draft i would pick Wrath

CML

Contributor
This reminds me, there's an MTGS-style Seattle "community" that exists on Facebook for no reason (it's called "Magic the Seattling" if you want to Google it, I've been banned of course because the steward hates humor and I am, after all, a massive troll) ... at any rate, sometimes a friend would post "p1p1" scenarios with his Cube, which is about the level of complexity and controversy that "forum" could stand. However, another friend built a draft viewer wherein we can see any pick someone made in a Modo draft (I forget where the URL is) I wonder if we could post hypothetical drafts on here in that spirit, given that this thread has been trafficked without requiring too much time investment

I'd take the Wrath, with honorable mentions to Go for the Throat/Mulldrifter (and a very long look at Gush)

I've never played Gush in cube, but it is a favorite card of mine in pauper-delver, so if I thought it would fit into a tempo deck, I'd definitely look to be wheeling it.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I've never played Gush in cube, but it is a favorite card of mine in pauper-delver, so if I thought it would fit into a tempo deck, I'd definitely look to be wheeling it.

Oh, for sure, I love it in the Pauper Delver deck. But that deck never needs more than 3 mana really and runs (nearly) mono-Islands.

Gush is really good in more combo centric games and formats like peasant and pauper. It's only real issues in those formats is that most cubers are running awful citpt fixing lands.

Now I really wana look up negative view's cube!
If it's a really combo centric format I am taking Mulldrifter or Gush, if it's wrath light and combat centric like eric's I take WOG.
If it's not either I take Go for the Throat. (Alternatively silverblade wheel pridemage for ultimate fairness)

I'm putting Marshall on Throat or Drifter! Lets try to round up more of these!

As my sig says, my cubetutor is virtually never up to date. And I'm currently playing with my strangest idea yet with regard to modular cubes... so yeah.

But currently it supports white and green beatdown, because that's all my wife will play. The rest of us are into oddities, so there's Grave Pact effects, lots of flickering effects, etc. You can afford to wait until turn three to start doing powerful things usually. One-for-one removal is plentiful, wraths are currently not (this flucutates).

Since it has been a while, Marshall went Mulldrifter, Rashad went Gush. /r/mtgcube was nearly 100% on mulldrifter, and 0 people even considered Gush. Here was a lot more varied. Not sure what that says about either site.

CML

Contributor
id rank em

wrath
redcap
drifter
paladin
slime
go for
qpm
(other stuff)

i don't like how there are 5-6 unplayables

While the power level is anything but flat, I disagree on any of them being truly unplayable in my cube. I thought the point of this site was to get away from blanket statements of unplayable?

CML

Contributor
you're well aware i don't mean "unplayable in any cube" so much as "too weak to consider playing or picking within the context of the other cards here"

I haven't had a new person join the cube group in a while. I am not used to having to explain the themes and maybe I need to get better/more up front about that. I can say though that the last games we had the winning deck used Resonator to great effect and before that the winning deck used both Snap and Rewind. I'm probably blinded by knowing all the interactions and unable to see why most people see these cards as weak.

Though really isn't Resonator good in any non-powered cube? It combos with almost literally any other creature you want, including three of the creatures in this pack...

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't had a new person join the cube group in a while. I am not used to having to explain the themes and maybe I need to get better/more up front about that. I can say though that the last games we had the winning deck used Resonator to great effect and before that the winning deck used both Snap and Rewind. I'm probably blinded by knowing all the interactions and unable to see why most people see these cards as weak.

Though really isn't Resonator good in any non-powered cube? It combos with almost literally any other creature you want, including three of the creatures in this pack...

Don't feel the need to justify yourself to CML. We love you and your giant-ear avatar.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
No way pal, your thumbnail makes you look like Frankenstein's monster. That's right. You hear that kids. I know that Frankenstein was the scientist. Because I fucking read. Look at me now Mary Shelley. Where you at? Buried in a fucking tomb???

Paladin wheeling one of the WX cards because apparently creatures in this list are small/small and double strike can deal ten million damage with very little pump. If it's just a weird coincidence that all of these strong creatures are 2/2s and there is fat abound more likely wrath.