Card/Deck Removal Auras

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member

James, because as an anxious cube designer I want to make you happy: what do you hope to get off Three Dreams? (This sent me off into an "it's okay, I run some pretty sweet auras.... but these auras are pretty sweet, what if someone else takes them?")

What if we made Three Dreams into an instant? I really like this card as a sweet control tool, but we need good auras. There seems to be some dope 3-mana removal auras:

But 3-mana sorcery speed removal is basically still bad. What cheaper options do we have? Any sweet customs? I just want people to hit this thread with sweet auras.

How else could we modify Three Dreams? Flashback would be swagged out. Can we make it good in other decks, like a pants deck?

Kirblinx

Developer
Staff member
So I just realised I could put a filter on the Cubetutor's top cards :p
So here are the top 10 aura cards (apparently):

I guess the amount of peasant/low-powered cubes out on cubetutor were more plentiful than expected.

Other good white auras to stay on colour:

Also, don't order by pick count or you end up with these cards near the top (some people must have some really, really low powered cubes):

In all honesty, the card I would want to be searching for:

Reanimation auras are quite cute, I think. You could pair them with cards like Ghostly Wings or Oblivion Crown that let you discard a fatty from your hand. I particularly like Ghostly Wings, because it's a pump aura, a bounce effect and a discard outlet, all rolled in a tiny little package.

Low power environment required, tho.

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member

Reanimation auras are quite cute, I think. You could pair them with cards like Ghostly Wings or Oblivion Crown that let you discard a fatty from your hand. I particularly like Ghostly Wings, because it's a pump aura, a bounce effect and a discard outlet, all rolled in a tiny little package.

Low power environment required, tho.
These are awesome... but maybe a little over powered? Or should I be supporting reanimator and just keep control of the fatties? It would fit my cube, I am trying to push self-mill.

Sweet Boros white removal I don't think has been mentioned yet (apologies if I've missed it):
I want to voice my support for Chained to the Rocks.

These are awesome... but maybe a little over powered? Or should I be supporting reanimator and just keep control of the fatties? It would fit my cube, I am trying to push self-mill.

I personally think it's worth it, though I love Animate Dead & co. Even if you don't fully support reanimator, it's just great as a mid-game spell.

play one way

1InQNYj.jpg

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
I'm thinking we might need a dope custom to get auras back from the graveyard. Something like...

1 (U/W)(U/W)
sorcery
If you spent W to cast ~, return target enchantment card from your graveyard to your hand.
If you spent U to cast ~, return target instant etc. etc.
Flashback (some cost)