Site News RipLab Community Drafts

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys, just putting out a feeler. Eric and I discussed organizing 1 - 2 drafts a month that would be done by our community online. Just putting out a feeler for potential timeslots. Let me know what you think about the following:

1) Sunday afternoon (e.g. 2-6 PM EST)
2) Weekday evening drafts (e.g. 8 PM EST)

Basic idea would be to announce a draft and let people sign-up for it, then draft via drafts.in and play out the matches via some Cockatrice server.

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
I'm game. I can do that sunday time, but not the week one. Well, I guess it depends on the day. It's pretty late for us europeans, but I have a lot of free time.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I'm game. I can do that sunday time, but not the week one. Well, I guess it depends on the day. It's pretty late for us europeans, but I have a lot of free time.

Yeah, I wouldn't be able to do a weekday one, but the site is mostly (north) Americans so I want to leave that option open.

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
Sunday afternoons could work for me, as long as I have a couple days' notice.

Weeknights aren't great cause I rarely have a four hour block of time after work, but hopefully there's enough people here that it would work regardless.

i am interested either way

i definitely recommend using skype or whatever to assist it though, being in a call w/ a person you are playing through cockatrice is a lot lot easier

Oh, what the heck. A chance to show my lack of cube experience. I'm interested, but I don't know if I can do weekdays yet.

I'm guessing the drafts would be limited to Riptide Lab first to see how it works out, but what would be the policy for people outside the forums?

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, what the heck. A chance to show my lack of cube experience. I'm interested, but I don't know if I can do weekdays yet.

I'm guessing the drafts would be limited to Riptide Lab first to see how it works out, but what would be the policy for people outside the forums?
Pretty much the same as my policy for my actual drafts. I give priority to the people who actually sign up through the proper channels, but if somebody drops at the last minute I'm more than happy to take on a rando. Also, if somebody wants to register to the forums just to play in the drafts that's more than fine by me.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Some open questions: both Cockatrice and drafts.in have atrocious deckbuilding capabilities. How do you guys actually build these decks?

Where would one run, say, the Utility Land Draft. The drafts.in chat thing was super buggy. Can we get an on-site IRC thing going? Or just do that part via a huge Skype chatroom?

Is there a good way for us to keep bracket information up to date?

Dougggggg

Reigning Draft Champion
Keep a seasonal standings page. At the end of the season have a seeded top 8 bracket with a larger prize pool.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
get CFB to sponsor us. If we compiled the cube on modo you could record legit content and put it on there

Anybody have an idea what my cube (assuming shocks, not duals) would run on MODO?

Also, during a chatcast somebody once linked to a site that made for easy MODO distribution of cards for custom cubing. Anybody have that still?