General Secret Lair Spoilers

If these were mixed in with my real cards and the only way to get rid of them was to pay $5, I would pay.

Wizards just discovered a new business model: Hire stealthy anti-thiefs to infiltrate ordinary houses and place randomly TWD cards all over the place. Kind of like a Santa Claus you pay to deliver the gifts.

These are AMAZING. I didn't realize how nice Bob Ross' paintings would look in basic lands. I thought they'd look like the rest, but these are incredible. Seb McKinnon's art is absurd too. And I won't get that one, but the metal band covers one makes me happy it exists :)

The Good:
OjtOpK0jtS.png
Upa1ZyVvS9.png

(I'm really happy to see some new Ron Spencer art on a magic card in 2020).

The Great:
HWGh6uktEk.png
FigCTMEb5V.png

(Can I say Bob Ross is my favorite Magic artist now?)

The "Why did they choose this art?"
nBI1DbBbdi.png

I really dislike the art direction for this one, except with the arcane signet which would have looked good with the ZNR Showcase frame.

The only one of these products I'm looking to buy is the Bob Ross drop (supposedly there is also a copy of Evolving Wilds with new art in that lair as well), but I might consider the "Party Hard, Shred Harder" option since 3 of the 5 cards are actually really good cube cards.

No love for Secret Lair black is Magic?? Definitely getting at least one if not two full sets of them
Uyw72yShdY.png
Yu27DsjesD.png
I think the best part of this drop is the new teferi art:
DUwh73uDsi.png

I just like the family vibes this gives off!

I might have to get the Kroxa Box:
U27Ds9TelD.jpg
p3SRaOAR7p.png
JFHQiElXoQ.png
gJyGOcIo4t.png

It is a bit unfortunate that Uro and Colossal Dreadmaw are in separate drops from this- especially since this one is $30 as opposed to $25. Could they not have bundled the two for $50?

In either case, I might pick up this one, and I might pick up the Black History Month one.

No love for Secret Lair black is Magic??

What do you mean no love?

In this thread (that I started) I have been spoiling and spoiling (Not trying to claim credit.) I might have missed a Secret Lair drop or ten. There are so many but I try and keep you all updated as good as I can.

For the titans, I think I still prefer the DOTP foil versions! But I really love the one with the faeries, I was already considering adding Spellstutter and some Faeries support to my cube, and this will be the thing that will push me into that direction. I have to think about how many Faeries I need, but there are already ~8 cubable ones so just a bit of some less worthy ones I don’t think will make them parasitic in the environment (I hope not because they are gorgeous!)

I really like the new Teferi art. At least when I’ll lose because of him I will look at the picture and think about its cuteness instead of thinking about how much I’m bad at this game eheh

What do you mean no love?

In this thread (that I started) I have been spoiling and spoiling (Not trying to claim credit.) I might have missed a Secret Lair drop or ten. There are so many but I try and keep you all updated as good as I can.

Take it easy my dude, just a joke. The Black is Magic lair means much more to me than any other one has come close to meaning, so I filled in the gap.

Take it easy my dude, just a joke. The Black is Magic lair means much more to me than any other one has come close to meaning, so I filled in the gap.

Yeah take it easy dude. Chill with the double question marks. I am doing the best I can to show as many of these secrets lairs as I can. I hope you enjoy Black Is Magic <3

How does one buy a secret lair, by the way? Is it like normal through a card shop, or directly through WotC, or what? I've never bought one before.

Thanks! That site is a whole lot of nothing right now. I'm assuming it's only active once there are lairs actively available to purchase?

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Thanks! That site is a whole lot of nothing right now. I'm assuming it's only active once there are lairs actively available to purchase?

As far as I know, yes. Secret lairs are only available for a very short time window, so keep your eyes open for when they go on sale.

If you go here, you can scroll down and sign up for a newletter that informs you when a new lair is about to drop: https://magic.wizards.com/en/products?utm_source=Scalefast#secretlair