Sets Shadows over Innistrad Spoilers Thread

I can't imagine very many situations where I would be happy playing Pieces of the Puzzle over Compulsive Research. Augur of Bolas is the poster child of feel-bad card selection, and I don't think digging 5 cards and dumping the rest is really going to do it for any deck other than reanimator, who may well be using enchantment-based and creature-based reanimation, anyway. Total pass.

Also, the way this is going, it looks like there might not be flashback in this set? That makes me pretty sad :oops:.

There's always
en_AHg3NcDQsi.png

Why on Earth (er... on Innistrad) is Sanguinary Mage red? With prowess and those stats, it should be blue! We need decent monoblue prowess guys and this one would have been great as an early blocker, too :(

Probably red because vamps are tribal RB on Innistrad. Why a 1/3? no clue. In monoblue, i'm a fan of

but agree that we could use some more depth to the primary color of prowess. Also jeskai elder is in the same ballpark as this, but a looter

WotC has finally realized that they can't make red all aggro all of the time in limited and is finally giving it a few creatures with bodies made for blocking. Few seemed to cry foul with Whirler Rogue or Eldrazi Skyspawner when the conventional wisdom is that blue is the color with the weakest creatures.

Considering Torch was already a reprint from Zendikar, I doubt we'll see it a third time here, but you never know! It is a bit strange seeing red vampires without the slith ability, since they almost all had that before.

So at least on these uncommons, it feels like delirium adds no cost to the base card and is just a free bonus for getting your 'goyf style going.

That flavor...

Topplegeist is a really well designed 1-drop. You don't feel bad casting it T1 to start beating down, but it's never a completely dead card and has more play to it than another Savannah Lions with some trinket text to hose the current Standard metagame. Love it!

Topplegeist is a really well designed 1-drop. You don't feel bad casting it T1 to start beating down, but it's never a completely dead card and has more play to it than another Savannah Lions with some trinket text to hose the current Standard metagame. Love it!
Agree, an excellent design. I find myself excited! Look at this unique angle that white is offered :D . Tying white to having things in your graveyard? A controlling card that's not a 2-3 drop enchantment, but still works for your board as whydirt points out? Think this is perfect for helping white gain a deeper meaning. Working with green and black, gaining value on those colors building a GY and helping a board build and damage get through. Love it. working with blue's natural ability to put it's spells in the yard, buying time and providing some early push. LOVE IT.

Mmmm Topplegeist. Sweet.
This might be the time Spirits tribal hits critical mass.

Compelling Deterrence is a flavour home-run. I love it. Look at that art!

Mmmm Topplegeist. Sweet.
This might be the time Spirits tribal hits critical mass.

Compelling Deterrence is a flavour home-run. I love it. Look at that art!
I have sifted through the spirit crap enough times. If I remember correctly there are like 20 bad ones to every bearable one. And the captains all suck except for the one which gives all spirits hexproof and that kills interaction. I kind of hope they don't make a good captain yet, there is so much else I want to spend my time doing.