General Showboating

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I just finished two proxies and they look awesome! In fact, I'm so utterly pleased about them that I had to share :D

PS. Old to the left (noticably fuzzier), new to the right!

Attachments

• Old and new.JPG
    Old and new.JPG
    188.7 KB · Views: 62
  • Parallax Wave.JPG
    Parallax Wave.JPG
    203.1 KB · Views: 58

Grillo_Parlante

Contributor
Those are amazing. Could you lay out how you are doing these? I would like to have some fetch proxies that don't bleed the eye.

They look good but you definitely meant to put the cycling {2} right? I mean... it makes colourless mana....

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
They look good but you definitely meant to put the cycling {2} right? I mean... it makes colourless mana....

And the mono-red player who picked it still called it broken. I don't agree with that sentiment, but it is certainly a plenty powerful engine that does not need to be pushed further. It's like you start the game with a colorless Oona's Grace in your graveyard, which is a perfect value card if it doesn't take up a card slot.

Omg I'm just glad I wasn't there when he said it. I probably would have been talking at him for like 5 minutes.
Anyway I just tend to be wary of cards that reward mono coloured decks.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Hahaha, yeah, his card evaluation skills are a bit off nowadays. He dubbed Genju of the Forest the most broken card in my cube because I run so little enchantment removal (7, Karn excluded). But he still drafted a sweet deck yesterday. We played like 10 games or so and in one of those he expertly Smokestacked me out of the game, leaving me without permanents and him with 3 or 4 mountains. The cycle land did definitely win him one of the games, so I like where it is at and will test it at the same cost next time.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Nope. And considering my character I don't think I could bring myself to do that. I still buy CD's for crying out loud :)

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
They are a little bit thicker, but not too much. I didn't notice there was a proxy in my deck when riffle shuffling it this weekend. I haven't tested the pile shuffle yet, but I did do a bend test, and while they are not as flexible as a real Magic card, they bend pretty well. I'm happy not only with the look, but also with the feel.