Card/Deck Single Card Spotlight

As much as I dislike isael I do acknowledge that they probably the only first world country aside from russia that is more or less constantly surrounded by outright and proxy warfare moreover, engaged in by people who have acknowledged their disdain for them from the first and continue to deny their right to exist lol omg dkm.

I guess I'm just saying people on image boards are usually kinda shallow and superlative lol
too many cooks sig small.jpg

One's gotta be really, really, really bored. Like no-hobbies-left bored. Or possibly in desperate need of new material that'll make one sound edgy and bold.

Yea, I get bored easy. It's a problem :(

Edit: It's an entertaining place, though. Like the internet's own personal Mos Eisley Cantina. So I regret nothing.

I think it's better than Pox actually. Because 1/3 of all your stuff is arbitrary and not always what you need/want. With Death Cloud, if I need it to be surgical it can be an expensive Small Pox. Or I can go nuclear and make it the freak love child of Wildfire and a double non-random Mind Twist with life loss.

Only problem with this card is the casting cost. But if you support mono black (or mostly black), it's an extremely powerful card and generally plays nice with the cards in your deck.

I may be overrating it slightly though because we play a lot of multiplayer and very few cards hose the entire table like this one does.

Isn't death cloud an incredibly expensive pox? Like I like it, but I also love epochrasite and solemn simulacrum decks.

Isn't death cloud an incredibly expensive pox? Like I like it, but I also love epochrasite and solemn simulacrum decks.

It doesn't play the same in my experience. It's more impactful late game and you can be more surgical with it. If my opponent has 2 creatures and I need them both gone, I can Death Cloud for 2. If I need all his lands gone, I can Death Cloud for X and make that happen too (assuming I have enough mana and life). In both scenarios, I can never get rid of more than a percentage of what I want with Pox.

Pox is a good card, it just doesn't always do what I want and for BBB, it really needs to in order to justify a slot in cube.

Death cloud is:
1) Hard to cast from multiple vectors and as such is not very interesting to huge variety of decks
2) Hard to want to cast even in the decks that might play it. We are talking about a really on-off card like balance only totes more awkz lol
3) Mainly exciting in environments that favor artifact mana, which is something most rip-cubers consider tasteless and beneath us.
4) A card that shuts people out of the game when it works ideally, something most rip-cubers consider tasteless and poor design.

I mean it's a cute look but I don't think I really wana wear it out dancing.

I have a soft spot for mono black decks, so probably like this card more than is healthy.

And our free-for-all multiplayer games tend to be more fun when people are doing fucked up shit like Death Clouding the board. Guys tend to durdle and try to build massive board positions and this card completely undoes that in a way that feels fair and rather appropriate most of the time.

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
While Pox and Deathcloud kinda do the same thing and synergize with the same stuff, they play completely differently. Death Cloud rewards you for playing lots of mana and then sculpting the game to your advantage. Pox rewards you for putting 3 swamps in play and being able to survive completely trashing the game.

Is this guy any fun?

Always reminds me of the Queen Alien from that unforgettable Cameron classic. You know, before he decided to go soft and make Dances With Wolves In Space.

Never tried it in cube but a friend played it against me in ye olde casual days and needless to say it is a great card to push Black control lists. Especially the Pestilence kind.

In that it fuels Delve? Or you have a custom version with Delve? Because that sounds all sorts of not-fun.

Wilting Miasma {6}{B}{B}
Sorcery
Each player discards 2 cards from his or her hand and sacrifices 2 creatures and 2 lands.
Delve

Laz

Developer
Wilting Miasma {6}{B}{B}
Sorcery
Each player discards 2 cards from his or her hand and sacrifices 2 creatures and 2 lands.
Delve

Ok, that is a lot more fun than Death Cloud with the Delve keyword stapled to it.

What are people's thoughts on the Lieges?

etc.