Card/Deck Single Card Spotlight

Leyline Tyrant seems way too powerful to coexist with the other three, but there's plenty of legitimate instant speed options:

Most of these are actually decent and can make Braid look pretty sweet if it sticks around a few turns. Nothing wrong with a few extra X spells. The next few probably want spell-reanimator in the format in some form. Braid can flip morphed Akroma turn 5 for only 3 real mana and then firebreath it on subsequent turns. The rest are respectable creatures that can take up some red mana.

There's probably a worthwhile search for colorless and colorless-heavy activated abilities still to be done if you actually pursue Braid.

EDIT: The failed images are the STX 7 mana treasure cyclers.

Looking for (G or B) aggressive cards that interact with the graveyard. What can you guys tell me about the powerlevel of these two? Especially with Vinecrasher I am worried it might be too strong.

Looking for (G or B) aggressive cards that interact with the graveyard. What can you guys tell me about the powerlevel of these two? Especially with Vinecrasher I am worried it might be too strong.

I'm not a huge fan of either of these. Centaur Vinecrasher seems more like a midrange card than an aggro card. Deathgorge Scavenger can be reasonable, but it is a bit weak in the sense that it dies to a lot of different things with little recourse.

I would suggest taking a look at some of the Delirium cards from Shadows over Innistrad block for some more options for this deck. Many of the black/green Delirium cards are perfectly suited for aggressive strategies at various power levels.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I have tested Centaur Vinecrasher in the distant past, and wasn't really impressed by it. Might be different in my current environment that runs a few more fetchlands and cyclers though. Deathgorge Scavenger is in my current cube, and it's pretty fine. It attacking as a 4/3 for 2G (because you can often find at least a fetchland to exile) is pretty sweet, but it's not really efficient graveyard hate, since you can only trigger it on your turn. I do like the card though.

If you're looking for mild grave hate, Scavenger is great. Otherwise, it doesn't have much appeal in my opinion.

Crasher probably isn't too aggressive unless you're really, really fetchy.

"B/G aggro graveyard" is pretty open ended. You might want to check out my cube, in the signature, as it's running B/x everything graveyard. The cube blog section or a google search for "graveyard cube mtg" or something could also help get the ideas flowing.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
What are your singleton breaks?

Uh....
2x Custom Champion of the Parish
2x Custom Proliferate Pacifism
2x Custom Repentance

2x Pteramander
2x Warkite Marauder
2x Counterspell

4x Bloodsoaked Champion
2x Blackmail

2x Stromkirk Noble
2x Heartfire Immolator
2x Young Pyromancer
2x Gore-House Chainwalker with Unearth
2x Volt Charge

4x Growth-Chamber Guardian (Not Squadroned)
2x Tarmogoyf
4x Custom Green Creature removal spells

4x Prismatic Vista
3x Custom Arcum's Astrolabe
2x Mutavault

2x Sets of 10 fetchlands
Also each color has a custom preordain(ish) level cantrip, I'm running 3 of each, blue has 4.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Okay if for no other reason than to let people reading this thread know I'll put them in spoiler tags

2x Custom Champion of the Parish
5VhskZK.png

2x Custom Proliferate Pacifism
xAt4A3Q.png

2x Custom Repentance

2x Pteramander
2x Warkite Marauder
2x Counterspell

4x Bloodsoaked Champion
2x Blackmail

2x Stromkirk Noble
2x Heartfire Immolator
2x Young Pyromancer
2x Gore-House Chainwalker with Unearth
kAw3Gv3.png

2x Volt Charge

4x Growth-Chamber Guardian (Not Squadroned)
2x Tarmogoyf
4x Custom Green Creature removal spells
tRsIqmm.png
IorslMx.png
(2 of each)

4x Prismatic Vista
3x Custom Arcum's Astrolabe
vYx0ZVG.png

2x Mutavault

2x Sets of 10 fetchlands
Also each color has a custom preordain(ish) level cantrip, I'm running 3 of each, blue has 4.
7OFDNSz.png
KeueCT1.png
qAuMDEO.png
rlfsz28.png
BYgxjye.png

It's been some time since I've been impressed by this teleporter

My question to the people who run it in their cube, do you need a heavy ETB blink theme?

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
By roleplayer we are talking about blink and self bounce again, right?

No, I mean he's just a decent card in any blue tempo or permission deck. Venser doesn't really have that wow factor, but he's always been useful for me, even in decks where I couldn't blink or self bounce him, and that's just because he's really flexible. You can delay a crucial spell by a turn, you can bounce villain's blocker at end of their turn, you can bounce one of villain's attackers and block another (extra savage when you can block a 2-toughness creature), you can save one of your important threats by bouncing it to your hand in response to a removal spell, you can bounce villain's bounceland to cripple their mana deployment. And on top of that generally usefulness, he does benefit a lot from blink and self-bounce effects. I don't think you need those for Venser to be a reasonable include in your 40 though.

I haven't run Venser in the longest time, because it has always felt a little too generically good to me. It's baseline with no additional synergies is an elite roleplayer. I'd love to be persuaded otherwise, because it's one of my all-time favs.

With repeated blink, it can be pretty backbreaking since it bounces any permanent

I love that it can bounce itself at instant speed...it allows you to sneak in casting triggers.