General Single-Color Megasealed

Had a meeting today with my main play group. I had just ordered some cards to shore up my blue and red, which got us talking about how strong the different colors are. Next thing I knew we were all grabbing a color and making a deck out of the cards as if the color sections were one big sealed pool.

It wound up being super fun. Blue was kinda slow to get started but was obnoxiously good if it lasted until about turn four without being too far behind. The rest seemed relatively evenly powered.

Has anyone else done this?

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
The closest I have done is a 5-player "forced shards" draft. Each player gets assigned a shard, and you can draft whatever you want, but you can only (during gameplay) produce mana of your given shard. So if you want to play Naya and draft Lingering Souls but not flash it back power to you. The players really liked it.

I've done the mono coloured sealed thing a couplet of times, after a regular draft. We were with 5 players and did a star game. It was quite fun to do, but we havent made it a regular thing either. Never done it with cube though

I do something like this to test if archetypes I attempt to push are even viable, and then how much you can stretch them without their best cards / best colors. Haven't done it in a long time but probably need to for recent changes... thanks for reminding me.