General (SNC) Streets of New Capenna Previews

Ever wondered what the deep spawn of Bag of Holding, Retrofitter's Foundary, and Wand of Vertebrae would look like? Wonder no more!
6gk5wttgt6u81.png

Drake Haven is getting several new best friends in this set :p.

Honestly, though, I think this card is just good in literally any Cube with lots of discard. You can start making 2/2s on turn two provided you have some way to dump cards into your yard. This card can even enable itself, albeit, very inefficiently.

Who's ready to convert some currency!?

1650310747450.png

This is pretty interesting. Not sure if I like it more than Mire Triton as its deathtouch has been very relevant for me, but card selection over generic mill is enticing. I don't think it will be recurring itself all that often.

1650310974267.png

I don't run tribal support, but if I break that personal rule someday it will be for Phoenix tribal

Babe! New token archetype anchor just dropped!
killerservice.jpg

I'm not going to say that 5 mana to make a 4/4 trampler is good in its own right. However, I think paying {2} and throwing a food, clue, treasure or blood token down the garbage disposal in order to make a 4/4 every turn seems like a cool engine. Plus, the initial investment can be spread out over several turns, so there is some level of added flexibility. Good card? Probably not. Cool playable? For sure.

Last edited:
skywayrobber.jpg

Am I alone in thinking that this looks really good? 3/3 flying for 3U is a solid body, and that Escape ability seems feels like a powerful payoff for quickly filling your graveyard.

skywayrobber.jpg

Am I alone in thinking that this looks really good? 3/3 flying for 3U is a solid body, and that Escape ability seems feels like a powerful payoff for quickly filling your graveyard.

As much as I want a blue escape creature in my cube, it looks clunky to me. Phantom Monster needs to be relevant in your format for this to be playable imo. 4 mana and 5 cards exiled is a pretty significant investment on top of needing to be in your yard, live a turn, and go unblocked in combat.

It has a similar issue to ethereal forager in that its in bolt range, and incentivizes you to exile good stuff from the grave, which incentivizes its removal aka permanent exile of the good stuff. Maybe thats a fun mini game for some.

It has a similar issue to ethereal forager in that its in bolt range, and incentivizes you to exile good stuff from the grave, which incentivizes its removal aka permanent exile of the good stuff. Maybe thats a fun mini game for some.
yeah, pretty much this. difference being, forager costs 2 mana, so the minigame is a lot more “marginal advantage” and a lot less “game winning play” when it gets bolted. the recursion is cool but it needs cycling or to cost less on the front end to be worth maindecking

I don't think this should be a Treasure

It doesn't do what Treasures do.
For reference this is all Treasures in the game (except for the tokens which we all know exactly what looks like):

https://scryfall.com/search?as=grid&order=name&q=type:treasure
I actually kinda like the design, honestly? It's a big pile of money. It'd be weird if it wasn't a treasure.

It's also "close enough" to working like a normal treasure, in that you can crack it to add mana. It works with all of the treasure synergy cards that ask you to spend mana from treasures, and that's good enough for me!

The equip cost can be pretty cheap.

If you cast it precombat, it will get a counter on the same turn. In the following turn you can equip it for free and attack with a Leonin Scimitar attached that grows like a Luminarch Ascension.

I am not sure I like how this one plays out but I believe its pretty powerful. I worry about repetitive play patterns but damn it's good.