General Subthemes at High Power Levels

This card is really really good... but how egregious is it in practice? If I do want to give Welder stuff a final shot I may have to grasp the nettle at some point

I've been thinking about testing it for a long time, but I'm still torn. I've seen lists almost identical to mine in terms of power level which run Wurmcoil Engine. The fact that Umezawa's Jitte so far has been more or less fair in my environment also makes me want to test some more cards considered to be broken. People also say 6-drops must be rewarding, but that kind of reward... Even with the abundancy of artifact hate my cube has, and the high speed aggro decks play with, the card seems to leave the opposing player too few chances of winning after it hits the battlefield. Plus, you almost don't have to care about whether you want to attack or leave it for block, the lifelink allows you to attack painlessly. Also, ramping into Wurmcoil on turn 5 makes it even more oppressive, and Rofellos, Llanowar Emissary => t3-t4 Wurmcoil Engine is just stupid. But that's just one card that allows such plays, and they're not going to always be in the same deck, so, maybe, I shouldn't worry too much about that? Please, sell me on the card, I really want to test it :)
If you like combos (in line with the persist combo post), you could try out this package
I mainly thought about persist combo because many of its pieces are playable on their own (though, they are also clearly not the best cards these days, except Kitchen Finks), not sure about Heliod-Ballista/Triskelion.

As a recursion engine. It can be a top end for more controlling decks or cheated into play with Welder. The fact that you get the creature back immediately makes it playable IMO.

It's quite sad that this only hits your own graveyard, which makes it's use for control decks rather questionable. But the mechanic is fun, and you don't even have to exile your token EOT! I wonder if the card is playable at 360

Even control decks have targets. The fact that GPG boosts the creature to a 4/4 is pretty impactful. Returning a Jace Vryn's Prodigy, Snapcaster Mage, Vendillion Clique, Seasoned Pyromancer, Flametongue Kavu, Pia and Kiran Nalaar and more every turn can close out a game fast.

At least my Welder decks are of a controlling nature. Looking at your list, you are probably missing some discard enablers in blueand red for the strategy to function smoothly (which makes sense since you don't have the Welder package in at the moment) and some cheap artifacts to weld (Retrofitter Foundry, Mazemind Tome, Chromatic Star, Perilous Myr, ...).

I'd argue that you could/should be running the artifacts mentioned anyways as they are versatile and powerful.

All that being said, I do have strong feelings towards GPG, so maybe I am being unreasonable :p

Even control decks have targets. The fact that GPG boosts the creature to a 4/4 is pretty impactful. Returning a Jace Vryn's Prodigy, Snapcaster Mage, Vendillion Clique, Seasoned Pyromancer, Flametongue Kavu, Pia and Kiran Nalaar and more every turn can close out a game fast.

I really can't see GPG reanimate creatures as often as every turn in a control deck. Unless you run a more creature-based list? Like 12-14 creatures, not my typical 5-7?
As for the Welder and Daretti, perhaps they're indeed too narrow for a common 360 card cube. For now I'm gonna stay on Pia and Kiran and Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast as my red(-black) artifact incentives.

This card is really really good... but how egregious is it in practice? If I do want to give Welder stuff a final shot I may have to grasp the nettle at some point

I cut Wurmcoil a few years ago and haven't missed it.

If you like combos (in line with the persist combo post), you could try out this package

There is also

As a recursion engine. It can be a top end for more controlling decks or cheated into play with Welder. The fact that you get the creature back immediately makes it playable IMO.

I've really liked playing with GPG, I squadron it with a copy of Gate to the Afterlife with "non-token" sharpied out.