General The Alter Thread

Okay, I'm not really happy with this.
I think this is what I actually want:
8dtIjnG.png

But this is existing magic art

Maybe that's okay? Maybe someone has a better idea?
Maybe you could try:
explosion-in-guillaume-rouelles-lab-sheila-terry.jpg

(Source)

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Ho Lee Crap those are incredible!

On the complete other end of some aesthetic spectrum, I made these a few nights back:

SvhnNbe.png
qvlLiwt.png

This thread was requested so now I'm making one :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Show off your altered MtG cards here. Preferably the ones you have in your cube :p

Here are some of my favorite colored cards

Isamaru, Hound of Konda by CardKitty
View attachment 1801

Path to Exile in foil by Jérõme Turcotte
View attachment 1802

Oblivion Ring by CardKitty
View attachment 1803

Ponder by Toni Micol
View attachment 1804

Counterspell in foil by Jérõme Turcotte
View attachment 1805

Fact or Fiction in foil by Malte Bigup
View attachment 1806

Toxic Deluge by Dustin Bossard
View attachment 1808

Lotus Cobra by Sandreline Moussé
View attachment 1809

Abrupt Decay in foil by Malte Bigup
View attachment 1810
Issy!! My spirit animal

Fear no more

From now on we won't confuse these with Plains or Swamps because they stand out with their correct colors.

Colored Innistrad: Midnight Hunt Basic lands by Fratrus Alters (AKA Pierre Yves Lefebvre)
Island, Mountain and Forest

Forest Innistrad Midnight Hunt.pngMountain Innistrad Midnight Hunt.pngIsland Innistrad Midnight Hunt.png

They look even better in person than on digital photo. The artist painted the lands usign acrylic paint but I still don't understand how he got all the details this accurate.

Here is a link to his Facebook page: facebook.com/fratrus

Here is a link to all the Basic lands in my cube:
https://cubecobra.com/cube/list/rhz?view=spoiler

I wanted to try a new thing with my Basic Land Box alters. I wanted the artist to see if they could keep the set logo on the altered art.
I found an artist who managed to do this - in my opinion - perfectly!

I present to you Luey Dragons (AKA Luke Emmerton)

Plains War of the Spark.pngPlains Kaldheim.pngIsland - Dungeons and Dragons Adventures of the Forgotten Realms.pngMountain Ikoria.pngForest Ikoria Lair of Behemoths.png

We also did some Dungeons & Dragons alters
Adventures in the Forgotten Realms Basic lands with Rule book treatment

Plains Dungeons and Dragons Adventures in the Forgotten Realms.pngIsland Dungeons and Dragons Adventures in the Forgotten Realms.pngSwamp Dungeons & Dragons Adventures in the Forgottem Realm.pngMountain Dungeons and Dragons Adventures in the Forgotten Realms.pngForest Dungeons and Dragons Adventures in the Forgotten Realms.png

Luey Dragons MTG Alters Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/LueyDragon

Link to the updated Basic Land Box our cube uses:
https://cubecobra.com/cube/list/rhz?view=spoiler

I had three Ancestral Vision comission altered.
I wanted them to depict three of the most important moments in Magic lore history.

Rise of the Eldrazi
For ages the natives of Zendikar believed in the sea god Ula, the land god Cosi and the sky god Emeria. But it was all a lie. When Nissa and Sorin opened the Eye of Ugin after beating the Bolas-pawn mad Sarkhan, Zendikar was upon instant annihilation by the three eldritch entities Ulamog, Kozilek and Emrakul. Most of Zendikar was in ruins and transmutated. In the end the people of Zendikar won. Ulamog and Kozilek died to the Gatewatch while Nahiri brought Emrakul to Innistrad where it now is trapped in the moon.

Rise of the Eldrazi.jpg

Mirrodin Besieged
Kamahl's Mirari was transformed into Memnarch on the plane of Argentum. A plane that Karn created to impress his creator Urza. Karn positioned Memnarch on Argentum to be its protector in Karn's absence but the golem left a flask behind in Memnarch's possession not knowing it containted Phyrexian oil. Memnarch went insane from the oil and decided to populate Argentum with Myrs. He renamed the plane Mirrodin to honor himself and he ruled in tyranny. Years later the Phyrexians, the invasive specie as they are, were all over the plane and Mirrodin was in all out war. In the end, the Phyrexians won and the plane is today called New Phyrexia.

Mirrodin Besieged.jpg

War of the Spark
Nicol Bolas has long sought after eternal life. He once had it. The most powerful god in mtg history and Dominaria's most ancient evil. But the Mending made him weak. Still incredibly powerful, incredibly clever. But bodily weak. He suddenly realized he only had about 20,000 years left which isn't much when you used to live forever. This made him desperate. In a plot that spanned the 1990th, the 2000th, the 2010th and the 2020th of Magic lore from Dominaria, Alara, Zendikar, Mirrodin, Kaladesh, Amonkhet, Ravnica and Ixalan he has schemed to get the god spark. An ultimate planeswalker spark he could obtain using The Elder Spell by stealing the planeswalker spark from all other planeswalkers. He brokered a deal with four demons and Liliana Vess. That she would gain eternal youth but her soul was in the demons' command. Liliana later decided to slay the four demons but Bolas told her that the contract was still intact and that she worked for him now. He manipulated Sarkhan, Tezzeret and Vraska. Tezzeret hosted The Inventors' Fair on Kaladesh to have the most brilliant minds craft beautiful and awesome artifacts for judging. Tezzeret stole the most important ones for Bolas. Among them the Planar Bridge. A device that can planeswalk living beings from one plane to another. On Ixalan four tribes fought for the artifact The Immortal Sun but in the end Bolas got it first. On Amonkhet he overthrew the five gods and for thousands of years took their place as the god-Pharaoh. He made the citizens within the Hekma believe that they had to spend their entire life training to become perfect beings so they could overcome the five trials of ambition, knowledge, solidarity, strength and finally zeal. The citizens had all the time in their life to train because they were catered from birth by embalmed and peaceful zombies. Anyone who could overcome all five trials would gain 'eternal life' as a reward. Failing the trials would make you end up one of those peaceful embalmed servants. However the 'eternal life' reward was execution and eternalization as mindless super soldier zombies. Bolas recruited this way only the best of the best into his army.

Nicol Bolas took his dreadhorde army of Eternals with his god-eternals and planeswalked them through the Planar Bridge to Ravnica, the City of Guilds. The plane of 10,o00 years of peace due to the Guildpact. From there he sent out a distress signal in the form of an Interplanar Beacon. Most known planeswalkers from the known multiverse came to Ravnica's rescue only to be trapped and attacked. The Immortal Sun has the ability to disarm planeswalkers of their planeswalking ability so there was no escaping. Bolas used Liliana to command his dreadhorde of eternals and Ravnica was slaughtered. In the end Bolas lost the battle, the heroes won by the means of sacrifice, some cunning love, sheer strength and some preparations Bolas hadn't foreseen.

War of the Spark.jpg

The artist is Michele Braschi aka MIB Alters

Link to Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/mibalters
Link to Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/CkQzkY5sh9O/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Last edited: