General [DOM]Dominaria

I have a great alter of skull of orm. It’s completely blacked out except for the skull and the words “the skull” in the flavor text which is almost perfectly centered.

Someone gave it to me, because I was big on winning with the jankiest cards in EDH when it was first a thing. They never saw it coming...

Also

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Holy crap, this token! <3

en_sYO9Sdh8Vs.png

Also, full spoiler is up! Potentially interesting cards...

en_7KmbzfDcsk.png
en_YYH1LcppuW.png
en_Rst6znZlbq.png
en_RPITZiEm3G.png
en_3fNzIrp8xW.png
en_7F2AdsD5al.png
en_WgQn4vhzil.png
en_lLRDbrgfY8.png
en_VgonJgV3qU.png
en_HPWybicNUu.png
en_Ln4eR25jzD.png
en_8X25p44fWK.png
en_Q9ZGQtG50s.png
en_7nxwMF5JD5.png
en_A1skQZAuBS.png
en_iWnvoVSqZn.png

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
I have a great alter of skull of orm. It’s completely blacked out except for the skull and the words “the skull” in the flavor text which is almost perfectly centered.

Someone gave it to me, because I was big on winning with the jankiest cards in EDH when it was first a thing. They never saw it coming...

Also

I'd really love to see this alter, if you can scan it or something!

It is a good point about the whole Enchantment-recursion being better with the Sagas.

So which Enchantment-recursions are you people running and which ones are you now suddenly considering?

Lotus-Eye Mystics has been fairly good, especially in the late game. With Sagas that becomes a ton of CA. Still you need to have a high density of not just enchantments, but self-sacrificing or cycling ones for it to be worth it. You're probably looking at Sagas being a Bant theme, with recursion, Prowess, and historic payoffs. Generally a midrange deck with a very strong lategame, and maybe Prison elements to survive the early game (Elephant Grass? Solitary Confinement?).

I like Pilgirm's Eye, and I was recently looking for another colorless EtB creature, but is this guy here any good?

en_px8r3s4r7v.png

1/2 feels just sooo bad, but at least it can block tokens and maybe trade with a Lion or something ...

Also

If ANYONE has ANY alter in their cube I demand to see them right now!!

Also: Starfield of Nyx might be the best Saga-support there is.

I have a decent number of alters and wouldn't mind showing some of them off :)

I think right now, I'm potentially looking at the following:
History of Benalia I might try Oketra's Monument over this first, but I do like this card a lot (and those tokens)
phyrexian scriptures This is a really cool wrath effect, and it comes with some free GY hate?? sign me up
the mirari conjecture I enjoy the spell recursion well enough, but also making it's ultimate a really neat "wincon" effect... just need to figure out how to fit it into my {U} section
the mending of dominaria Again, not sure exactly how to fit this into it's color, but I really like it in theory
Daring Archaeologist Not sure if I need/want this sort of artifact support in white, but it is a really good effect even with stuff like equipment
Final Parting yes please
Dauntless Bodyguard Another candidate to replace Kytheon with.
Navigator's Compass I might like this better than Renegade Map. The fact that it stays on the battlefield is more useful to the Daretti deck

Cast Down seeing Chris list this one, I checked out my current list, and this hits a lot. I'll probably put this in over ultimate price because this one hits colorless creatures, and some of the multicolor.

Now I certainly don't know for sure if all of these will make it in, and there are plenty of other cards that pique my interest at the very least (that cute bird!), but this is where I'm at atm

My thoughts as I go through the spoiler.

en_z41XnLAgmJ.png

Serra Angel continues her tradition of having badass art. The art in this set in general is phenomenal.

en_8cu7AdgYpr.png

This is really cool. I like this. I'll probably slot this in over Harbinger of the Tides.

en_YnsHL5iGgQ.png

I like this, but nothing can replace Future Sight in my heart.

en_J02xnuLOLU.png

I'm not sure what black sweeper I'm going to cut for this, but it's so fucking cool I have to run it.

en_HwIPj6SkR7.png

Huh. That's a sweet little sacrifice outlet.

en_0Fu3phGceU.png

Oh my god this is adorable. Reminds me of Goblin Grenade.

en_cJzNou2kwD.png

This is probably my favorite flavor text of the set.

en_auISUzvrw8.png

This guy is awesome. Works well with Molten Vortex, Worm Harvest, Life from the Loam, Stormbind... the list goes on. I love him.

en_IkpipWQsKc.png

Probably too slow, but this is cool as hell.

en_pBCRiVF52x.png

Oh my god.

How much of a change would one have to make to their cube to be able to run a couple of sagas? It feels like the format needs to be slow enough where getting the value of the sagas is reasonable to expect?