General [DOM]Dominaria

That’s an awesone idea!

So would that mean you cannot run any Frontier-legal artifacts or does if mean that cards that are either artifacts, Sagas or Legendary cards must be in their original card frame? Or something third?

Or or or does it mean that all cards that have their original card frame from when they were first printed is now counted as a ‘historic’ card?

My idea was to have a rough equivalent to the Timeshifted sheet from TIme Spiral with cards from Dominaria-centered old frame sets. And yes, all of these cards would be the original printings to make them easily identifiable.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Few interesting cards actually:

adventurousimpulse2.jpg

I feel like this is worth trying. You still can't find answers with it, but I think I like it over Oath of Nissa for simplicity and contributing to the graveyard. Something I've long hoped for.

daringarchaeologist.jpg

Daring Archaeologist
3W
Creature - Human Artificer
When Daring Archaeologist enters the battlefield, you may return an artifact card from your graveyard to your hand.

Whenever you cast a historic spell, put a +1/+1 counter on Daring Archaeologist.

Thats a big gravedigger.

verixbladewing1.jpg

Finally got art for him!

grandwarlordradha1.jpg

The aformentioned radha

I'm absolutely cutting Oath of Nissa for Adventurous Impulse. All that extra text about planeswalkers is just extra words anyway. I don't have enough planeswalkers so the signal it sends is a trap.

divest1.jpg

What do people think about Divest? I dismissed it at first because I've never been into the worse versions, but adding artifacts brings it up to hitting more than half of the spells in my cube, even more than Duress.

I'm absolutely cutting Oath of Nissa for Adventurous Impulse. All that extra text about planeswalkers is just extra words anyway. I don't have enough planeswalkers so the signal it sends is a trap.

divest1.jpg

What do people think about Divest? I dismissed it at first because I've never been into the worse versions, but adding artifacts brings it up to hitting more than half of the spells in my cube, even more than Duress.

Divest seems pretty decent, I'm actually trying out Harsh Scrutiny right now and it's been fine. The addition of artifacts would allow hits to creep up from 200 to 220 in my cube, but I really like being able to scry proactively (which is why is love Magma Jet so much). If you're looking for an additional cheap disruption effect, it's definitely solid.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
josuvesslichknight.jpg

I like the base body, and that kicker is hilarious, but 10 mana might be sending the wrong message :p

theantiquitieswar3.jpg

Less in love with this art even though this is one of the most exciting sagas

cabalstronghold2.jpg

Cute :p This doesn't work with Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, correct? Seems like an odd way to nerf Cabal Coffers, especially since this can only really apply in older formats which could almost certainly handle it.

riteofbelzenlok.jpg

Rite of Belzenlok
2BB
Enchantment - Saga
I, II - Create two 0/1 black Cleric creature tokens.
III - Create a 6/6 black Demon creature token with flying, trample, and "At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice another creature. If you don't this creature deals 6 damage to you."

I'm interested!

i think it does work with urborg if you have other nonswamp basics as weird as that is

maybe it'd be different playing with it but i really find that restriction to be rather ugly

Chris Taylor

Contributor
i think it does work with urborg if you have other nonswamp basics as weird as that is

maybe it'd be different playing with it but i really find that restriction to be rather ugly

If it does, then why would they....
Is this really an Underground Sea specific nerf? :p

Edit: Wait no, I misread you. Yeah this will count a mountain if you've got urborg in play, but it won't count say, wasteland under the same circumstances, or underground sea under any

Honestly Cabal Stronghold is a little better than Cabal Coffers in many situations although it is also worse in the super late game. But the difference between 5 and 6 mana is usually not as significant as the difference between 2 and 3 mana. Add to this that the new Stronghold also enters the battlefield untapped.

One could also argue running a Basic Swamp is better than running a colorless land that can only return profit after an extended period of time so I don’t know how I feel about this new tool.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
riteofbelzenlok.jpg

Rite of Belzenlok
2BB
Enchantment - Saga
I, II - Create two 0/1 black Cleric creature tokens.
III - Create a 6/6 black Demon creature token with flying, trample, and "At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice another creature. If you don't this creature deals 6 damage to you."

I'm interested!

I want to like this card, but putting your Abyssal on 2-turn layaway seems like such a huge cost.