General [DOM]Dominaria

A lot better, actually. Remember: with History of Benalia, you're paying 1 less mana for the same amount of on-board power and that pump effect. There's a reason History of Benalia has been seeing play in the pro-tour while Call the Cavalry is sitting in chaff piles everywhere.

Yeah but this is where the difference between constructed and limited really makes a difference. in limited, you’re usually only going to get one shot at that pump turn, and it’s telegraphed. In Dominaria limited it seemed like more than half the time there were no good attacks for the turns History was on the battlefield, in which case it is playing out the same as Call the Cavalry. I mean, it is definitely better, but Aston’s surmise was that it’s not much better, and I agree.

I’d be most likely to find History of Benalia interesting enough to cube with If I had an Enchantress theme with lots of ways to recur enchantments from the graveyard.

I tried Zur and my drafted tried him but I just can't get to the critical mass of enchantments to support him without overhauling my cube. I have like 9 zur targets in esper right now in a 12 person cube. I think I would need at least double that.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I tried Zur and my drafted tried him but I just can't get to the critical mass of enchantments to support him without overhauling my cube. I have like 9 zur targets in esper right now in a 12 person cube. I think I would need at least double that.
Yeah, I've got 22 targets in a 450 card cube.