General [DOM]Dominaria

Laz

Developer
balothgorger1.jpg

That... is a really good common...

HUH this is REALLY neat
themendingofdominaria.jpg
For the life of me im struggling to figure out what I'd take out. Genesis? Is this a Genesis effect that I'd want over genesis? The third act is very cool. This overall is like build-your-own-Baron deck, in a way.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Huh. I just assumed all saga's were known from the FAQ, so I didn't expect this one. It's super neat! It's also in a color that naturally supports delirium. Saga's in general work well together with delirium, because they bin themselves and get a relatively rare card type into the graveyard, but this one is especially good with it!

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Also...

KdSz88V.jpg

Uncommon! :cry: This set is full with wonderful reprints and unexpected rarities! Even ignoring the multicolor section and reprints at lower rarities (hello Thorn Elemental at uncommon!), I think all of the cards below could have easily seen print at a higher rarity.

en_NXaTA23oAf.png
en_ixwNIobxgK.png
en_De2X6FbSh9.png
en_VBMiwTrC7z.png
en_jEZn7vR6Gy.png
en_U8ib8Rbxag.png
en_Ff3kLVzyZg.png
en_kGhLFFjuYc.png
en_y9J1ignN8S.png
en_aUCYMJjZ88.png
en_AaJEzwYZJK.png
en_dYmA9QA7UK.png
en_kwp3Gxy5Ug.png
en_upFRF3yBQk.png
en_TbsWyUS0bI.png
en_OnRpDQPmnD.png
en_zpALKf6dNW.png
en_jvNjn9o25B.png

I went ahead and preordered two boxes. This set looks like it's going to be a lot of fun to play :)

Also, there's a baby in this art! <3

en_FLEFcdDSDK.png

Huh. I just assumed all saga's were known from the FAQ, so I didn't expect this one. It's super neat! It's also in a color that naturally supports delirium. Saga's in general work well together with delirium, because they bin themselves and get a relatively rare card type into the graveyard, but this one is especially good with it!
How is this saga good with delirium? It shuffles your graveyard into your library.

Yeah it's much less a delirium card specifically, and more Baronesque; extract the maximum value possible out of your graveyard with heavy filtering and recursion/recirculation. Recurring Mulldrifter as a draw engine seems like an awesome thing to do, for instance, or wiping a board with consecutive uses of Fleshbag Marauder. Sidisi.

Sagas in general, though, are pretty neat for delirium.

Baron is about using shuffle to deck from graveyard to programme your deck. Unless you are exiling cards from your grave before shuffling, anything that shuffles your whole gy into your deck isn't baronesque.

That said, the card is interesting but the shuffle really isn't great in a cube with lots of cards you want in your gy.

Grillo_Parlante

Contributor
I think its because it takes lands out of the deck. So if you’re long gaming it, it does improve your draws, just not a ton of control over it.

This card aside, the sagas seem to make enchantment recurssion a lot better as a strategy in gy formats.

I think its because it takes lands out of the deck.
Yeah. And the fact that you are increasing graveyard options/size and recurring multiple specific items over multiple turns. A milling effect, recursion effect, thinning effect, and shuffling effect all in one seems decently baronesque

HUH this is REALLY neat
View attachment 1792
For the life of me im struggling to figure out what I'd take out. Genesis? Is this a Genesis effect that I'd want over genesis? The third act is very cool. This overall is like build-your-own-Baron deck, in a way.
I dunno, man. I can't imagine putting a card this low impact in a deck on purpose. I know power level is a relative thing, but even in the weakest, most synergy driven cubes you'd rather just have Restock.

I dunno, man. I can't imagine putting a card this low impact in a deck on purpose. I know power level is a relative thing, but even in the weakest, most synergy driven cubes you'd rather just have Restock.
I think comparing this card to Restock is a narrow way to evaluate it. Maybe it's not good enough for some/most formats, but not because of how it compares to restock. That's like comparing mulch or vessel of Nascency to regrowth

TBH I don't really have an idea of how the card truly performs. Maybe one reason I struggle to think what I'd take out for it at the momemt.

Grillo_Parlante

Contributor
In a slower format where you can take advantage of the improved draw quality, its just better than restock.

The big thing with that card, is that to get the most value out of it, you want the game to go longer than 8 turns. When you combine that with it being a 5 mana investment that dosen't impact the board immedialy, its probably pushing it for a lot of formats that are upping the pressure around turns 4-5, and want to end the game by 8.

It is a good point about the whole Enchantment-recursion being better with the Sagas.

So which Enchantment-recursions are you people running and which ones are you now suddenly considering?