The BEST Jumpstart Cube

Hmm...

I feel like the Landfall pack and the Flash Control packs are both a little... messy? You picked some really mediocre flash creatures for the Flash deck, for example, and the Landfall deck doesn't really feel coherent. I'll see if I can toss together some alternate versions tomorrow, when I'm less sleepy.

Before I conk out... this came to me, and I kinda want to share:

Last edited:
Pretty sure I'm going to keep it nonland singleton and I fucking hate mutate lol. That's also a potentially challenging search.

The flash creatures are there because the deck's going to get paired with some creature-based deck, most likely. The pairing will appreciate having some creatures and they can act as removal.

Yeah... The landfall pack seemed like a good idea. Green and lands. Smart. Something isn't right, though.

I blame the Mwonvuli pack on it being 2am when I scraped it together.

The thing about the Flash Pack is that it feels like you did a quick brainstorm of vaguely control-y stuff that Blue can cast at instant speed and just plopped them into a pack. Like, why go with Burrog Befuddler and not Faerie Duelist? Why use Pestermite and not, say, Nimble Obstructionist? And Dismiss/Draining Whelk just feel too slow, especially in the context of the rest of the pack.

As for Landfall... part of the issue is that Green's good landfall cards make tokens, so you were left with "aggressive" creatures. And, unfortunately, the actually good aggressive landfall creatures aren't in Green.

- - -

To be a bit more constructive, I decided to have a go at building a Green Flash pack.

Maybe flash ain't it lol. Your pack looks like it wants to play Wilderness Rec but doesn't really know why. Wildborn is way too good here.

I might make some packs out of stuff I already own. I don't have Thrivings, but I have Terramorphic/Wilds out the booty.

Off topic, since I have the brewer herself, what do you think of a cube where there's a different emblem revealed at the start of each draft? They'd have to be quite generic in order to be interchangeable, but it could be a good way to add a twist.

It looks like it doesn't know why it wants Wilderness Rec because ir's actually playing it as a fair card — the pack has it so that you can cast your sorcery-speed threats from your other pack without stopping you from playing your flash stuff on your opponent's turn. I agree that Wildborn is probably excessive — it's just that I know you're using my packs as inspiration instead of just using them as-is, so I haven't been sweating off-power cards.

As for the emblem idea... I think that the best approach there would be to use the Theros Hero cards as your "emblems", or something with a similar scope and power level. The thing about giving everyone the same build-around emblem is that then, unless you built your cube around that emblem, everyone is going to fight over the cards that exploit that emblem.