General The Draft Exchange

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Deck turned out nice, but Shadowborn Demon is beyond greedy with only 3 actual black sources. I would keep my black splashes to a bare minimum, and would probably look to cut Lim-Dûl's Vault as well. Splashing for Drownyard, Vent and Seal of Doom is more than enough I think, especially because you got perfectly servicable cards in the sideboard. I would try to squeeze a bit more value out of Ojutai's Command by including Omenspeaker (which turns on Familiar's Ruse as well) and Seeker of the Way. Finally, I wonder if this truly is a full on control deck that want two wraths, I might be tempted to cut Planar Outburst for Grafted Wargear, which turns your weenies into absolute beasts (plus Seeker into Wargear gives you so much breathing room it's unfair).

A
Deck turned out nice, but Shadowborn Demon is beyond greedy with only 3 actual black sources. I would keep my black splashes to a bare minimum, and would probably look to cut Lim-Dûl's Vault as well. Splashing for Drownyard, Vent and Seal of Doom is more than enough I think, especially because you got perfectly servicable cards in the sideboard. I would try to squeeze a bit more value out of Ojutai's Command by including Omenspeaker (which turns on Familiar's Ruse as well) and Seeker of the Way. Finally, I wonder if this truly is a full on control deck that want two wraths, I might be tempted to cut Planar Outburst for Grafted Wargear, which turns your weenies into absolute beasts (plus Seeker into Wargear gives you so much breathing room it's unfair).
All v. good points and worth switching for. To be honest I maindecked Demon out of spite more than prudence; look at those red cards in my board! I'll be damned if I'm not running the card that got me into the wrong colours to begin with, but the minimal splash is the way to go I think. I was mostly really excited about Planar Outburst putting counters on Vent in the control mirror.

A
All v. good points and worth switching for. To be honest I maindecked Demon out of spite more than prudence; look at those red cards in my board! I'll be damned if I'm not running the card that got me into the wrong colours to begin with, but the minimal splash is the way to go I think. I was mostly really excited about Planar Outburst putting counters on Vent in the control mirror.
I would play the heck out of that esper deck. I'm usually "that blue player" during draft nights, and that certainly fits the bill! One thing I've perennially noticed about drafting my cube on CT is how the fixing always seems to be a problem student, but I don't see it act out. I hold by in my belief that I (over)valued fixing early in the draft bot training, so now all my bots are greedy little land gremlins.

I love hearing about little interactions that get people excited, even stuff as simple as:
+

love it. Looks like the deck your heart was really yearning to be in was the UWR one :). That deck looks like it runs so freakin' smoothly, and pairs that UW flier-tempo dealio with the control base. 10/10 would 3-0 with.

Thanks for the drafts :)

Aoret

Developer
Drafted Peter's. I was a little indecisive on my second color, but blue was very clearly open early. Black kept flowing so sadly didn't get to play Jori En. The power band is wider than what I'm used to, but I guess in a 450 list that doesn't break singleton a ton, that's kind of inevitable. That said, I'd be happy to sleeve this 40 up! (though I wouldn't really want to be on the receiving end of Standstill, Kira, or to a lesser extent Ophiomancer)

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Hey that land is not busted in half, you have to actually pick it :p
It's not like in theros standard where you just get to add 8 value lands to your deck because nobody cares

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Drafted Aoret's. My first picks were JVP and Brainstorm, then I saw Lab Maniac and decided to make it work. I went into green for Loam, and it provided some decent enablers and support. Looks fun to try at least.

UG Lab Man from CubeTutor.com

I believe Aoret dispenses free fetchlands and Wastelands in the basic land pile, max four per named card, so you can make those Brainstorms and that Titania a lot better :)

I remembered the fetches (hence the triple Brainstorm, Titania, DRS, makes Loam good too). Forgot about the wastelands. I'd probably drop a spell (maybe Vengevine or Managorger) and run 2-3 wastelands. The Delver and Spell Pierce are actually customs (growing creature and cantrip Force Spike), incidentally.

This thread has fallen to the 2nd page!

Shame-Bell-Lady-From-Game-Thrones.gif

I took a crack at psly4mne's cube. First picked JtMS, because duh. 2nd picked Vendilion Clique. 3rd picked Balance, because it isn't. Went to town.

But why? What? Is this card good or playable at all? I can't even begin to parse it. I hate this card!

sometimes it rots in your hand all game sometimes it's instant-speed arc lava axe

card is stupid and i cut it after like two drafts

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
sometimes it rots in your hand all game sometimes it's instant-speed arc lava axe

card is stupid and i cut it after like two drafts
I think I bought it, I definitely never tried it, because this is pretty much what I expected it to play like.

Grillo_Parlante

Contributor
After they printed that confluence cycle I'm pretty sceptical about cubing EDH printed cards. I realize some of them are cube worthy, but multi player formats in general are much more tolerant of overly pushed effects due to their structure, and a lot of these cards are just GRBS.

After they printed that confluence cycle I'm pretty sceptical about cubing EDH printed cards. I realize some of them are cube worthy, but multi player formats in general are much more tolerant of overly pushed effects due to their structure, and a lot of these cards are just GRBS.

I actually think the white, black and green confluences are pretty reasonable. Good value, but not incredibly pushed. The only one that really stands out as insane to me for the cost is the blue one.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I actually think the white, black and green confluences are pretty reasonable. Good value, but not incredibly pushed. The only one that really stands out as insane to me for the cost is the blue one.

The white one is not reasonable. Six power and toughness divided over three bodies is really good value for five mana, exiling an enchantment is often a game-winning choice if you choose it over the other options, but it's the fact that a control deck can completely stabilize by gaining 15 that's truly ridiculous. I thought it was fine as well, but I was clearly fooling myself.

The black one is sweet and totally playable, though I re-replaced it with Profane Command. The green one is completely fine but pretty unexciting.