The sports thread

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I love to play squash. Don't know much about Arsenal, but they took a picture of me and Bergkamp when I was a kid :)

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
I love it when Arsenal gets trounced.

Me too, just because Jason's an Arsenal fan. So I love it when they win, too.

Anybody else looking forward to the Eight Duchies this year? Calvinball is the only sport I can get any enthusiasm for.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't actually see the match live, but Chelsea losing after playing against a 10-man side for 90 minutes is pretty embarrassing. I have high confidence that Arsenal will crash out too, but this at least softens the blow.

As an Arsenal fan I know I'm supposed to dislike Tottenham, but I feel far more negatively about Chelsea and Man U.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I love it when Arsenal gets trounced.

Suck it.

Uh... last night was a fun Champions League night. We had the Arsenal game streaming on laptop and the Ghent game on in the background, with both teams needing and getting a result to qualify. Time for Arsenal's annual bow-out at the Ro16.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Suck it.

Uh... last night was a fun Champions League night. We had the Arsenal game streaming on laptop and the Ghent game on in the background, with both teams needing and getting a result to qualify. Time for Arsenal's annual bow-out at the Ro16.

For fans of PSV Eindhoven, this last round was also a real treat, nobody over here (in the Netherlands) expected them to edge out Man United beforehand :D

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Had to get a ticket from the ticket exchange. Been refreshing all weekend to find one, and finally nabbed this one:
WhuUp6I.png

It's a seat closest to the midfield line, with a good view of the pitch. Would prefer a few rows down, but I won't complain. Should be a fun one. The Southampton ticket is the 2nd row from the pitch, so I'll get two very different experiences.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I visited Arsenal vs. Leicester way back when Seaman and Bergkamp were still playing, must have been around 1996? Funny to see that would now have been a top match :)

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I visited Arsenal vs. Leicester way back when Seaman and Bergkamp were still playing, must have been around 1996? Funny to see that would now have been a top match :)

Sweet, I'm jealous. That must have been a fun era of Arsenal to watch. Wonder how well Leicester can finish out the season.