Tinker 2.0 Release

lebenski

CubeTutor Developer
New Features:

- Pack Count is now configurable when drafting.
- Added Sealed functionality with configurable pack count and size.
- Deck page now shows whether the deck was created from a draft or sealed pool, how many packs and bots were involved and how many cards were in each pack.
- You can now donate to Cube Tutor! Our servers were recently upgraded from free hosting to a paid plan in order to cater for vastly increased load over the last 2 months. The donations will help me pay the $70/month hosting cost.
- When a user requests a page that requires a login (for example EditList) they are now redirected back to that page after logging in.

Bug Fixes:

- Added page numbers to the bottom of the Edit List page
- Colourless Land override now works properly.

Lebenski, are there any plans for being able to download cube lists or making duplicates? I'm currently doing a bunch of changes for my cube and would like to keep my soon-to-be previous list separated for parralel development.

Oh yes, I think someone might have asked this already (I probably did so in the past), but do you plan on releasing some sort of API for advanced users setup custom statistical analysis tool or something?

CML

Contributor
can you please nix the 50-100 row limits, it's such a pain to update dem cubes when i have to hunt alphabetically for every card i wanna axe

Yeah, I think it might not even be the display limit that is the problem. Going through changes in the list is a rather dull process in Cube Tutor yet. I think there is a bunch to inprove on both that front and on data analysis and display. Cube Tutor could use some more Lambic :rolleyes:

CML

Contributor
fwiw i liked the tappedout model of this (one giant textdump for easy ctrl-f'ing) but i realize this might not be possible within the constraints of the (very worthwhile) customizable card characteristics.

something like pucatrade's management might be doable, though

Rob Dennis

Developer
Yeah, I think it might not even be the display limit that is the problem. Going through changes in the list is a rather dull process in Cube Tutor yet. I think there is a bunch to inprove on both that front and on data analysis and display. Cube Tutor could use some more Lambic :rolleyes:

If I did it right, that's the goal :)
I just did a take on bulk import/export, and I think the general approach is solid, although I need to spend to some time (greatly) improving performance
http://rdennis463.github.io/lambic/
inserting a 720 card list in the far-left text area and hit "Make Pool" takes like 10 seconds and even when it's done, performance is bad (I need to change it so I'm only rendering visible parts of the list)

Just adding to my suggestions:

Would be good to have a way to track how long some cards are in your list. Not only as a curiosity, but could help editing contents of a list whenever someone adds new cards and wants to edit their info in the list. The user could just organize by newest cards on top and make the changes.

lebenski

CubeTutor Developer
Hey Guys,
Thanks for all of your ideas. Apologies that I haven't got back sooner but work and Cube Tutor dev have kept me very occupied for the last couple of weeks! Some responses below
Lebenski, are there any plans for being able to download cube lists or making duplicates? I'm currently doing a bunch of changes for my cube and would like to keep my soon-to-be previous list separated for parralel development.
Oh yes, I think someone might have asked this already (I probably did so in the past), but do you plan on releasing some sort of API for advanced users setup custom statistical analysis tool or something?
You can export your Cube List to .txt or .csv through My Account for backups. You can also have multiple cubes on the site if you want to keep your old version draftable. I've discussed an API with the Riptide Lab guys in the past. It would be great to publish Cube Tutor stats through an API for use on this forum for example. I've also been thinking a lot about iOS development and an API would be key here. It's not on my immediate release schedule but it's getting bumped up the priority order all the time!
can you please nix the 50-100 row limits, it's such a pain to update dem cubes when i have to hunt alphabetically for every card i wanna axe

I have a Tinker 3.0 Release that should go out this evening barring some kind of catastrophe. In that release I've optimised the Edit List page a lot but this limit is still in place. If it works as well as I hope it will then I will remove this limit soon.

Just adding to my suggestions:
Would be good to have a way to track how long some cards are in your list. Not only as a curiosity, but could help editing contents of a list whenever someone adds new cards and wants to edit their info in the list. The user could just organize by newest cards on top and make the changes.
This is an interesting idea! I'm looking at introducing a "bench" for cards that aren't currently in the list but should be considered for inclusion. Having some stats about the time the card spent in the cube, how well it performed in drafts etc would be worthwhile. Food for thought. I've added it to my list.

Thanks guys - look out for a new release (hopefully) this evening!