General Tournament of Champions: Community Sealed Event

Could I grab pod #5 with Jace and lotus cobra? I pulled both from the first box I ever cracked, so there are a lot of good memories there. If that's taken, pod 6 sounds interesting.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Could I grab pod #5 with Jace and lotus cobra? I pulled both from the first box I ever cracked, so there are a lot of good memories there. If that's taken, pod 10 sounds interesting.
12 and 5 and 10 are taken (haven't had time to update the thread)

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Could I grab pod #5 with Jace and lotus cobra? I pulled both from the first box I ever cracked, so there are a lot of good memories there. If that's taken, pod 6 sounds interesting.

Attachments

• 06 Restoration Angel_Delver of Secrets.txt
    2.9 KB · Views: 2

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Andy and Train have my favorite headliner pairs :) Can't wait for the trainwreck card pool that tries to support an xR aggressive deck with an {G}{W}{B} card helming the other deck :D

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Please send me your decks in the following format.

mtgo deck format. mainboard followed by a blank row, then the 5 sideboard cards. note that split cards are like 'Rise/Fall' instead of 'Rise // Fall' note that you can use the 'Export for Arena' button from sealeddeck.tech and then in a couple minor edits you get the MTGO format. oh, and don't forget to give your deck a fun name!

mtgoDeckFormat.png

I kinda want to show off one of them (because hell if I know how I'm going to build a Mother of Runes deck, and I dunno if I'll be able to make it to the stream).

Lord of the Trash Heap is a Sultai self-mill deck with some really dumb synergies in it. My favorite is looping Silumgar's Command with Eternal Witness, but in general things aren't going to stick around in your graveyard for very long.

Attachments

• Lord Of The Trash Heap.txt
    689 bytes · Views: 10
Kitty Litter:
Aggressive Golgari midrange deck that applies early pressure with equipment-strapped recursive creatures. Birthing Pod gives the deck a reliable long-game, functioning more as a slow value engine (specifically tutoring for Lurrus). The sideboard can shift towards a slower build if the matchup calls for it.

The Spirit of Rack 'n' Scroll:
Reactive Temur control deck that likes to keep it's mana and it's options open. Lots of instant speed interactions with ramp and "silver bullet" suites. Win conditions are few so keep 'em protected.

Attachments

• Kitty Litter.txt
    644 bytes · Views: 9
  • Spirit of Rack'n'Scroll.txt
    718 bytes · Views: 9

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I kinda want to show off one of them (because hell if I know how I'm going to build a Mother of Runes deck, and I dunno if I'll be able to make it to the stream).

Lord of the Trash Heap is a Sultai self-mill deck with some really dumb synergies in it. My favorite is looping Silumgar's Command with Eternal Witness, but in general things aren't going to stick around in your graveyard for very long.
The games will go on YouTube and might not be streamed at all.

Btw, if you finish your Mother of Runes deck, it will be the first complete pairing, facing off against "Sam Consumes Pie"s Baneslayer deck.

Mother May I is a Jeskai control deck with a bit of a human subtheme, and it's probably going to suck. We'll see, though.

Attachments

• Mother May I.txt
    687 bytes · Views: 9
Flash burn: A tempo deck with cheap threats and lots of instants/flash creatures. Counterspells to protect your lead and burn to close out the game out of nowhere.

Giddy up: A Bant control deck based primarily in GW. Ramp up using Green. Blue refills the hand and White takes care of opposing threats.

Attachments

• Flash burn.txt
    641 bytes · Views: 4
  • Giddy up.txt
    722 bytes · Views: 5
Last edited:
Drifter? I Hardly Know Er: Jeskai tempo deck with some staying power thanks to Reveillark and Broodmoth.

Tree Hugger Central: Naya landfall midrange-aggressive deck that plays a bit with tokens.

Attachments

• TreeHuggerCentral.txt
    751 bytes · Views: 4
  • DrifterIhardlyKnowEr.txt
    695 bytes · Views: 3
Last edited:
Carrion my Wayward Son is an aggressive {W/B} aristocrats deck. It wants to outtempo the opponent fast and brutally, but it has some staying power too thanks to it's great recursion. It's also stacked with good removal to clear some path's to victory.

Attachments

• Carrion my Wayward Son.txt
    695 bytes · Views: 3
Young Pyromancer - Cruise Control: Pretty standard {B}{R}{U} spells deck with expensive permanents to close out games.

Nissa, Steward of Elements - Nature's Revolt: A midrange-y {G}{W}{U} deck with revolt and land synergies leaning into blue for some card selection and mind control effects.

Attachments

• Young Pyro - Cruise Control.txt
    666 bytes · Views: 2
  • Nissa - Nature's Revolt.txt
    718 bytes · Views: 2
Hope it's not too late for my second deck. What was a little too late was me realizing that I had to put Eyeblight's Ending in. So I just splashed it into this temur spellslingers deck.

Attachments

• Eyeblight's Splashing.txt
    779 bytes · Views: 1
Decks:

"Delving Too Greedily and Too Deep"
AKA
"Flip It Or Rip It"
Ft.
Delver of Secrets and Four Freaking Brainstorms

and

Five-Year-Old Leftovers, An Uncomfortably Moist Abzan Brew Absolutely Unchanged Since, Like, 2016
Commanded by Restoration Angel and her pals The Kitchen Finks
(which would make for a great band name IMO)

Attachments

• Delving Too Greedily And Too Deep.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Five-Year-Old Leftovers, An Uncomfortably Moist Abzan Brew Absolutely Unchanged Since, Like, 2...txt
    733 bytes · Views: 0
Last edited: