Staff member
Decks:

"Delving Too Greedily and Too Deep"
AKA
"Flip It Or Rip It"
Ft.
Delver of Secrets and Four Freaking Brainstorms

and

Five-Year-Old Leftovers, An Uncomfortably Moist Abzan Brew Absolutely Unchanged Since, Like, 2016
Commanded by Restoration Angel and her pals The Kitchen Finks
(which would make for a great band name IMO)
You can only use 15 total fetch/shock/duals between the two decks. I see 15 in the second deck alone, so you'll have to update the manabases.

Thanks!

You can only use 15 total fetch/shock/duals between the two decks. I see 15 in the second deck alone, so you'll have to update the manabases.

Thanks!
guh of course, reading the card explains the card. That's why you gave us so many lands, makes a ton more sense.

Sorry about that! Updated decklists. Third time's the charm, right?

Attachments

• Delving Too Greedily And Too Deep.txt
    600 bytes · Views: 0
  • Five-Year-Old Leftovers, An Uncomfortably Moist Abzan Brew Absolutely Unchanged Since, Like, 2...txt
    794 bytes · Views: 1
Wait, when did you add that rule? Has that always been there?

Because I think I used more than 15 between the two decks...

Double-header with me piloting white 5-drops: Baneslayer and Gideon against Mother of Runes and Bloodbraid Elf.

It's an unlisted video because the audio isn't always great, but it's something!

@TrainmasterGT (decklists?)

Hilarious first game. Are you sure you didn't list it because the sound was weird and not because of that Faith's Fetters play? :p

Thanks for the contet!

This is a hypergeometric aggro deck designed to looks something like a version of what an aggro deck might look like in my Cube. I kept the curve low to allow for extra slots to be used on spells and included some reach in burn spells. Showdown of the Skalds and the sidekick card Light up the Stage can help to re-fill after running out of cheap spells in the mid game.

Normally, I like to try and build themes into my Aggro archetypes for deckbuilders to latch on to so that we don't hear the phrase "aggro is boring." While the limitations of sealed make it a bit harder to build a deck with one coherent theme, I was able to get a landfall package into the deck with the Steppe Lynx variants and Plated Geopede. Likewise, there is a pretty cool Soulfire Grand Master package that exists in the deck.

The sideboard is pretty light, but there are a couple of MTGO style finishers in there that would have required me to cut spells and add more lands if I wanted to play. If one wishes to sideboard in those cards, I would highly reccomend including an extra mountain and plains to the deck. I added those to the sideboard in addition to the mandated 5 spells.

Attachments

• Goblin's Guide to Aggro.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 4
This is a deck containing Dennis, the best Magic card ever printed.. The deck aims to grind down the opponent and kill them with big value creatures. There's not much to say- it's a reactive midrange deck with Siege Rhino.

The only note is that I left Kogla, the Titan Ape in the sideboard. While it's likely "correct" strictly speaking to include this card in the mainboard, I think it's insanely un-fun to play with and against, I would prefer if no one were to touch the card unless they don't think they can win without it.

Otherwise, the rest of the sideboard is mostly aggro hosers to avoid dying.

Attachments

• A Deck Containing the Best Magic Card Ever Printed.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 2

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
With 15 of 16 first round matches played, here are the current results:

Code:
Surviving Players/Decks after the Round of 32:

Double Deckers:
Andy Mangold (Baleful Strix 2-0, Dreadhorde Arcanist 2-1)
landofMordor (Wild Nacatl 2-0, Bitterblossom 2-1)
ravnic (Carrion Feeder 2-0, Tarmogoyf 2-1)
inscho (Ugin 2-0, Birthing Pod 2-1)
Nanonox (Vendillion Clique 2-1, Gideon Jura 2-0)

Single Deckers:
SamLovesPie (Baneslayer Angel 2-0)
maramas (Jace the Mind Sculptor 2-0)
AgileDrunk (Dark Confidant 2-1)
Paranoid (Young Pyromancer 2-1)
Zoss (Restoration Angel 2-1)

Eliminated:
Lady Mapi
Sigh
theopolist
RedMaximum

TBD:
Trainmaster (0 wins, 1 match left)
Feld (0 wins, 1 match left)

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Video Dump (unlisted on YouTube):

Round of 32:
Baneslayer (Sam) vs. Mother of Runes (Lady Mapi) || Gideon (Nanonox) vs. Bloodbraid Elf (Feld)

Eternal Witness (Lady Mapi) vs. Young Pyromancer (Paranoid)

Chandra (Sigh) vs. Bitterblossom (landofMordor)

Liliana (theopolist) vs Tarmogoyf (ravnic)

Confidant (Agile) v Guide (Train) | CFeeder (ravnic) v M'drifter (sigh) | Primeval Titan (RedMaximum) v JTMS (maramas)

Last edited: