General We Make The Cube

You can always go to the cube link on the first page, after Velrun has updated, to see the current progress. Adding Psychatog and Bolt, it looks like we are at 353. 7 to go!

Now what did we learn?
As a collective group, we find it difficult to settle on rules. We simply don't quite agree :p
We tend to lean towards Riptidey cards, which is natural since we are on this site.
If someone goes into one direction, we are very good at following through to make that direction become a success.

Some new faces showed up!

We will be doing this again next year but a few changes I already know we need to implement.
People will sign up for the event which means you will only get tagged if you decided you wanted to have the option to get tagged.

Everyone gets to evaluate the process if they want to. I will leave you with this comment from Zoss:

This is such a cool project. I'm seeing so many nifty ideas come out of our collective efforts that I don't think would have coalesced otherwise. Cards such as Glassdust Hulk gaining new life from treasure tokens and Mizzix's Mastery enabling an Ultimatum deck are really making me take a fresh look at my cube and wonder how many of these archetypes I can slot in.

If it was a cut, the only person who gets to add/cut is @VincePendrell because he was cut off at the finish line.
Wait, does that give me a move, then? :0

If so, I'm moving the artifact lands to the land box. They kinda suck in this format to be in the the main draft, especially given that the snow lands are in the land box as well, though I can see their appeal.

And we totally botched doing a snow theme, folks! Next YMTC needs to start with snow lands and snow duals in the land box.

So now we have 11 opening? Lmao. Who are you tagging Vince?
I'll tag you twice for remembering it, @sigh :D

I got to do two drafts so far. Feels better than drafting Double Masters, that's for sure! Some themes don't have enough support, mana curve clearly wasn't taken in consideration, but I didn't fell like I had to make super bad decisions to end up with a deck. Signets and no clear aggro support seems like late-game decks would have a huge leg up, but enough effects are on creatures that I feel that dueling around might not be an option.

I think I might've drafted the coolest RG deck I've ever drafted? Not sure it's that good, but! Really really like how clues + food + treasures marry so well with artifact matters and token matter cards.
I appreciate that Orchard Strider's main purpose here is to be another land drop for Tireless Tracker :D

The fact that Gruul metalcraft is possible makes moving the artifact lands to basics a bit dangerous, imho. Consider the interactions with stuff like Breya's Apprentice, Cranial Plating or Grinding Station. I'm not fussed either way, just pointing out that this could have a sizeable impact on draft.

After Carapace Forger made it in, I started thinking about 2-in-1 artifacts for metalcraft. From a mathematical perspective, stuff like Breya's Apprentice and Orchard Strider seem huge(ly okay) as they reduce the number of cards you need to find for metalcraft from 3 to 2, or a 30% reduction.

Hello it is Abzan Ultimatum: https://cubecobra.com/cube/deck/6101d3507f119d103b9f31d2

If Ikoria Limited has taught me anything, it's that cycling allows you to trim quite a bit on lands. Plan A is to cycle into seven lands and cast Ultimatum. Plan B is to loop Siege Rhino/Acidic Slime triggers through Astral Slide. Plan C is to play Titanoth and beat sticks.

Between the golem tribal, token tribal and other goofball synergies, it's certainly given me food for thought on an artifact cube I've had simmering.

The fact that Gruul metalcraft is possible makes moving the artifact lands to basics a bit dangerous, imho. Consider the interactions with stuff like Breya's Apprentice, Cranial Plating or Grinding Station. I'm not fussed either way, just pointing out that this could have a sizeable impact on draft.
I think it'll be fine. The bridges aren't really something that is useful for everyone anyways, and there's a steep coat in including them, both because they come tapped, and because it's not great to have tons of tapped lands in your deck anyways, and the snow duals are already way better, considering that we have the fetch lands.

Maybe there will be a metalcraft deck that runs Boom//Bust and that's running 4 bridges, but I'd like to see that :D

Also, for players that hate land destruction, they just got themselves a somewhat decent sideboard plan, if they don't mind all lands always coming in tapped :D

EDIT: Btw, @PyreDream , we built almost the same deck!