General What are the best green cards in your cube?

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
In the ramp category:

In the value category:

And in the finisher category:

Bonus awesome multicolour green cards:

One very underrated card in my cube is Devoted Druid. You might try him if you want to get out of the gate a little faster.

Another multi-color green card I'm excited to put back in my list is Master Biomancer. It's exactly what the green ramp deck wants to cast right before it starts dropping fatties, and it even makes those awful turn 7 mana dorks into reasonable threats.

CML

Contributor
given the collective love of Lotus Cobra on here i'm surprised nobody's brought up bloom tender.

most of the best green cards are 1-mana dorks, are these not super-high picks in every cube ever? (actually asking)

beyond that i guess some of the better stuff to ramp into is

CML

Contributor
designing your cube to make Tarmogoyf into an awesome creature seems like a good design goal to me (that obviously every 720 ever has failed miserably at)

Green Sun's Zenith and Eternal Witness seem to carry their weight across the board.
I find myself consistently fucked up by Death Rite Shaman and Scavenging Ooze.
I've lost a lot of games to Wolfir Silverheart and Treetop Village.

I think I've won as many matches in Peasant Cube with Acidic Slime in my deck as when I've had decks with double Arc Lightning.

I really like green cards that help me stabilize or get more out of powerful effects in other colours. Green also often carries it's weight in that it gives me time to use mana sinks that are not in themselves worth noting.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
I'm actually cutting sylvan library. The option of getting to draw extra cards doesn't come up enough for it to offset the damn complexity of the card.
Instead, I'm adding an old favorite:

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Green card least likely to ever leave my cube because I love it and it's powerful and rewards good deckbuilding and has a great impact on the game state:

Ok I've got to ask. Why is primeval Titan good in cube? Surely I don't need to ramp from 6 to 8? Do you have to run a bunch of utility lands for him to be effective?

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
Ok I've got to ask. Why is primeval Titan good in cube? Surely I don't need to ramp from 6 to 8? Do you have to run a bunch of utility lands for him to be effective?

Good question, really. Having played with him though, he (or she) is great. There always seems to be plenty of use for that mana. You grab your fixing, your Kessig Wolf Run, whatever you want. Your Genesis Waves are huge. And actually, if you get to fetch just a few times, your draws really improve.

It's a 6 mana 6/6 with trample that comes in to play and more or less "draws" you 2 cards. Not to mention if you have man lands and such its value gets even better. Plus if you get to attack with it, it "draws" you more cards