Sets (WHO) Dr. Who Testing/Includes Thread

I really like Monarch on the right and few cards.
It's a very powerful mechanic, but it's powerful in a way I like - incentivizes attacking and blocking, and specifically players over planeswalkers. Putting power into "combat matters" is not something I'm ever going to feel too bad about! Weirdly, I do wish blue had one. I don't play Fall from Favor which might be a mistake, could play it just to get it into the fifth color.

It's a very powerful mechanic, but it's powerful in a way I like - incentivizes attacking and blocking, and specifically players over planeswalkers. Putting power into "combat matters" is not something I'm ever going to feel too bad about! Weirdly, I do wish blue had one. I don't play Fall from Favor which might be a mistake, could play it just to get it into the fifth color.

I kind of agree but I believe I am more cautious than you. I only run Monarch on the following monocolored high mana value bombs

And then I also run these two tricolored 4 mana value legendaries

A king and a queen.
Mind you that my cube is gigantic so it’s unlikely for the 8 players to see more than a single one of these during the tournament.

If you are looking for blue Monarch cards I would say these two cards are pretty powerful:

Court will end the game pretty damn fast in 40 card format. Which is both a good and bad thing.

Accurately identified - I'm not a fan of Court for the same reason I wasn't a fan of Sword of Body and Mind five years ago or Jace, Memory Adept ten years ago (remember him? times have changed! we're old! stuff today costs less mana than it used to!)

It's not the speed of game ending, it's the ability to interact with. Mill's a major offender there because there isn't any Gaea's Blessing that I'm putting in my deck on its own merits (okay, Primal Command ten years ago but not anymore) and you can't block it. You know what I mean.

That said, Fall from Favor I should probably try. I'm all about the cheap stuff and three mana for the monarch is about as cheap as it gets.

A king and a queen.

Just wanted to point out that I *adore* this idea and also never stopped to notice they actually both care about Monarch. That is very sweet.

Still not too sure what I think about Monarch in Limited. It feels so snowbally and really hard to come back from if you get behind. Modern Magic design seems to be overrun with cards like this so I don't know if it really matters anymore.

Always looking for fun, simple colorless cards. I see @Velrun just mentioned this, but I wonder why others don't? Removal on a land seems cubable enough! Only card for me though; I agree with others that there's just too much and too specific text here.
Ended up picking up about 20x of these for my 60-card decks and I'm gonna see what my playgroup thinks of this card, hehe.

I think I overlooked as well. This neuters a lot for {U}{U}. Even better in Commander (neuter their commander--no command zone for you! ) but also giving it a whirl in my environment just to see what it may do there.

I think land is interesting from a power perspective. It could see some play in some formats.

Cyberman spell has the big issue that it leaves a 2/2 behind. No competitive format can allow that to happen. You’re just getting run over.