Card/Deck Single Card Spotlight

that was just the first one i thought of. probably the coolest version is

sick combo with top tier magic cards such as

There was an age when accelerating out a Ophidian style creature and then attempting to clear the path for it was a solid deck. I wonder if it's impossible today. I guess things like courser, confidant, flamespeaker and planeswalkers kind of put it to shame now. These were usually UG tempo decks but occasionally it would be in a bird + specter shell.

I have really fond memories of Snaping a blocker, hitting with my Ohran Viper and then Mystic Snakeing whatever they played that turn. It's kinda a christmas land deck though. It seems like the sort of deck that might be good in non-rare environments.

yeah i've messed around with scroll thief into madcap skills in pauper and it is real funny when it works, but very fragile and inconsistent

Yeah one of my problems with traditional pauper and peasant is that often your format features a lot of un fun pants decks and light combos, and your card quality isn't really even enough that you can expect your opponent to be able to deal with it in the average 11 cards. That and decks often have to lean heavily on things that feel busted like arc lightning and hymn.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
what ophidians are good enough for a cube environment? shadowmage infiltrator , ohran viper , cold-eyed selkie , augury adept are the most pushed but coming down turn 3 is pretty slow. would a 1U scroll thief be too good?

edit: ninja of the deep hours is cool too, but not always a reliable turn 2 play

104.jpg

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
I found both that and oakheart dryads to be slightly underpowered, so I made the dryads a 2/2 and changed her text to the oath's. Having a body is worth the added vulnerability for this effect. You need 2 additional enchantments to make it into a Elephant guide that doesn't leave a body, plus it doesn't trigger heroic. Being a 2/2 has made it into a hard that decks really want

Laz

Developer

So, I dismissed this as a fetch for a Forest OR a Plains, but I only just re-read it to see that it fetches a Forest AND a Plains. A 3-mana pseudo Rampant Growth on a Land is a sweet idea, but is it actually awesome?

Chris Taylor

Contributor

So, I dismissed this as a fetch for a Forest OR a Plains, but I only just re-read it to see that it fetches a Forest AND a Plains. A 3-mana pseudo Rampant Growth on a Land is a sweet idea, but is it actually awesome?

I will say I get a lot of mileage out of it in EDH, where the CIPT drawback is less of an issue.

Maybe utility draft? I dunno. It's hard to get my drafters to not go GW lately.

hmm ok good points

im working on an EVE-SHM-SOK-AP-NE-MM-UD-UL-PC2 cube is why it came up but the more i look through the card pool im seeing im not very restricted on counterspells