3 Cards at a Time Cube! (FINISHED!)

If one shows up alongside a good mill card and you're already 1/3 of the way into drafting a mill deck, you may well stay in-archetype rather than pick up the Sword or whatever it is.

The sword is one of the best mill cards in the cube, though.

Can this cube really support four colored decks with only four color-fixing non-basics per player?
Vindicate probably won't be cast on curve, but I think that deck can happen. I've seen a strong 4 color lorwyn deck with only 3 vivids and 2 other colorfixing lands of some kind. It could be swapped out, but honestly, having a difficult time casting Vindicate seems better than having an easy time casting anything else that was drafted there.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Vindicate probably won't be cast on curve, but I think that deck can happen. I've seen a strong 4 color lorwyn deck with only 3 vivids and 2 other colorfixing lands of some kind. It could be swapped out, but honestly, having a difficult time casting Vindicate seems better than having an easy time casting anything else that was drafted there.

That was my idea exactly :)

The cube turned out quite well actually! There's some utter chaff like Claim of Erebos (who put that in?!), but for the most part it's fun drafting, and the archetypes are relatively diverse at first glance.

That was my idea exactly :)

The cube turned out quite well actually! There's some utter chaff like Claim of Erebos (who put that in?!), but for the most part it's fun drafting, and the archetypes are relatively diverse at first glance.
I think if we ever draft it, each player should have a chance to take one card (that they drafted?) out of the cube and swap in a new one that they think would be a better fit, power-level-wise or archetype-wise.

I tried doing a Rochester draft in-client on Cockatrice and it technically worked, but deckbuilding after the draft was a huge pain, because there's no way to export a decklist and build it outside the game.

I think this is my favorite deck because despite not using the easily available scads of overlapping mill/flashback/recursion, it still looks good.

You don't have the discard for Reckless Wurm or Harvest Pyre. Pyre is probably fine, but I'd use Treasonous Ogre instead of Wurm, to suddenly level Kargan or blow up the Siege Gang.

James's Grindclock + Contagion Clasp is pretty intense tho.

Maniac Control
Heh, my partner and I also just tried drafting a Lab Man deck. Only at the end did we realize "Wait- what if Labman gets dredged? How do we get him out of the yard?" and then we double facepalmed realizing that we'd passed on taking a Necromancy. Sidisi, Whisperwood, and Terravore are reasonably plausible wincons if Labman dies or gets milled but yeah... oops.

crappy Lab Man from CubeTutor.com

@Grillo and everyone else, don't forget that most of the bog-standard dual- and triple-lands are in the ULD, so fixing isn't as tough as it looks when you're drafting on CubeTutor.

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
The brainchild of Dr. Gene Ray, Cubic and Wisest Human. There are four simultaneous days, belly buttons prove it. WAKE UP SHEEPLE