Sets Battle for Zendikar Spoilers

Colorless creature tribal after Origins already amps up the robot game? Yes, please.

A "combo" mechanic that seems like it sets you up more for style points than anything else? Meh. Slapping your opponent 4-5 times to build a reasonable 'stomach' of ingested cards, making your already-a-huge-guy bomb that much better, just seems like a win-more gameplan to me. If this "plan" is good I imagine the ingestion will be built purely on the cast triggers of the big guys like Oblivion Sower and perhaps incidental-ingestion on cards similar to growth spasm and spawning breath's token creation.

Awaken is super cool IMO, it's the weird baby between Cascade and Kicker- you're casting a variable-size BBE (the land gains haste!) but you always know the other spell you're getting. They just have to show us some real hot sauce for me to be sold.

Overall I think the flavor is cool and people shouldn't cry nearly as much as they did about annihilator, though I think that gave a much better idea of the eldrazi's lore threat. I'm curious to see if the eldrazi will be strictly {B}{R}{G} as before or they'll expand into the others. I'm pretty over BLUE WHITE GOOD GUYS

Chris Taylor

Contributor
I also love that it gives the land haste, just in case you're deternimed to never learn anything or grow as a player.

Iunno, maybe some lands in this set just have trample or some shit, purely for the purposes of this mechanic

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Colorless creature tribal after Origins already amps up the robot game? Yes, please.

A "combo" mechanic that seems like it sets you up more for style points than anything else? Meh. Slapping your opponent 4-5 times to build a reasonable 'stomach' of ingested cards, making your already-a-huge-guy bomb that much better, just seems like a win-more gameplan to me. If this "plan" is good I imagine the ingestion will be built purely on the cast triggers of the big guys like Oblivion Sower and perhaps incidental-ingestion on cards similar to growth spasm and spawning breath's token creation.

Awaken is super cool IMO, it's the weird baby between Cascade and Kicker- you're casting a variable-size BBE (the land gains haste!) but you always know the other spell you're getting. They just have to show us some real hot sauce for me to be sold.

Overall I think the flavor is cool and people shouldn't cry nearly as much as they did about annihilator, though I think that gave a much better idea of the eldrazi's lore threat. I'm curious to see if the eldrazi will be strictly {B}{R}{G} as before or they'll expand into the others. I'm pretty over BLUE WHITE GOOD GUYS

I swear, if they don't make {U/R} eldrazi with the "colorless guys get to party" schtick after just introducing the artifact subtheme in Origins, I... I... I'll be disappointed!

Guardian of Tazeem
{3}{U}{U}
Creature - Sphinx
Flying
Landfall - Whenever a land ETBs under your control, tap target creature an opponent controls. If that land is an Island, that creature doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step.
4/5

Well, Landfall-that-cares is neat, I guess.

Edited to fix my inability to use the correct brackets.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Guardian of Tazeem
[3]
Creature - Sphinx
Flying
Landfall - Whenever a land ETBs under your control, tap target creature an opponent controls. If that land is an Island, that creature doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step.
4/5

Well, Landfall-that-cares is neat, I guess.

In case anyone was wondering... the mana cost is {3}{U}{U}

heroofgomafada.jpg

Hero of Goma Fada
{4}{W}
Creature - Human Knight Ally
Rally - Whenever ~ or another ally ETBs under your control, creatures you control gain Indestructible until eot.

So the ally trigger has a name now. Wee.

I don't like this being locked into a creature type. It's like super specific tribal. Might as well run a "rebel" theme.

The idea of supporting other creatures with more creatures is a great mechanic and it's totally something that fits white's color pie in my mind. So I hope it ends up cubable. But I'm not optimistic. Then again, I was really down on Origins early and ended up running like 10 cards (most of which will probably stay too). So here's hoping this set goes down the same way.

Guardian of Tazeem
{3}{U}{U}
Creature - Sphinx
Flying

I love this. Really looking forward to seeing what else they do with it. Hopefully we'll see some gold creatures. (That is, landfall cards that have two different triggers based on land types.)

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Hedron Archive looks legit! Rolling Thunder is a better card than most of the rares spoiled so far :/ Are these the cards we are supposed to be pumped about or are they getting the chaff out of the way first?