General CBS

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
Yeah, despite not having any real intention to sign up for the premium subscription, I just plunked down for it now after watching Ben's video. Guy is so damn passionate about this project, and the site's been so useful over the last two years that I felt like giving him something back; I didn't even bother reading the giant list of new and upcoming features before subscribing. I'm sure it's all amazing, though!

I'm at $2.6K, no proxies. Pretty kewl since I probably spent only a third of that actually assembling it and trading into pieces. I'm surprised by how much certain cards are worth tbh.

I'm at $2.6K, no proxies. Pretty kewl since I probably spent only a third of that actually assembling it and trading into pieces. I'm surprised by how much certain cards are worth tbh.

that's kinda been my takeaway tbh, this recent Modern price spike hopefully should finish off a set of shocklands for me. I traded like half a dozen cards and just proxied them, I'll buy them if they drop again i guess but for now it's been weird seeing all these commons and reject rares turn into real money

next question: card names that also work as cube names? the Magical shibboleth of card-names for things that are not cards is fun and all but i feel like i've gotta have some serious options out there

Chris Taylor

Contributor
It's done! I've uploaded the scans of my cards to cube tutor (Protip for anyone else doing this, use jpgs. I know it makes my heart hurt, but there's a 250k limit, and the 50k jpgs don't look too much worse)

Check it out here, or there's always a link in my sig. I've tagged all the custom cards, so you can filter by those if you specifically want to see the scans.

Drafting should make a lot more sense now :p

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
It's done! I've uploaded the scans of my cards to cube tutor (Protip for anyone else doing this, use jpgs. I know it makes my heart hurt, but there's a 250k limit, and the 50k jpgs don't look too much worse)

Check it out here, or there's always a link in my sig. I've tagged all the custom cards, so you can filter by those if you specifically want to see the scans.

Drafting should make a lot more sense now :p

Castle AI does some funny things while evaluating your customs. I'm thinking you should try to pick cards that are close. For example, Tidewalker is not a good placeholder for Thawing Cache, as Tidewalker is really sucky, and the AI labels it as such (quality 0 on a scale of 0 to 10; Primeval Titan is a 6 for example).

Chris Taylor

Contributor
People misevaluating customs is pretty close to real life, but I'll think about it :p

Am I looking for something close in power level or something close in function?

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
People misevaluating customs is pretty close to real life, but I'll think about it :p

Am I looking for something close in power level or something close in function?

Power level, color and cost are more important than function I think, though you'll miss out a bit on the synergy evaluation. I would probably use a good draw spell at {2}{U}, like Compulsive Research, as the base for Thawing Cache.

Merely $2340.87. Birthing Pod ban in Modern and cutting Serum Visions 'cuz it sucks really hurt the value of my cube #mtgfinance
Also a reminder to further reduce the monetary value of my cube while increasing complexity by using Chinese language printings where possible.

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
re: the recurrent neural network, there's a guy using it to generate cards and post images of them once a day, worth a follow if you're on twitter
https://twitter.com/RoboRosewater

such gems as

CIIHFwBVEAAQ9HE.jpg
CHuUx35VAAAw87E.jpg
CHpNiHQWwAASEg_.jpg
CHZx6Q7UcAA9pDF.jpg
CHQkSNWUAAAOoiw.jpg

I will definitely support CT Patreon once I have a steady source of income. The life of a college student who also spends way too much on Magic is pretty miserable financially.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I love that he's already at $824.15 in only three days time. I hope he gets enough support for the second milestone as well, that would be swell!

Kirblinx

Developer
Staff member
Threw my support on the bandwagon. Doing drafts of random cubes is my idea of fun when I have time to spare. Happy to give the guy some cash for the AI bots to makes the drafts more fun. By the amount of time I have spent on that site, I don't mind giving him $60 (A years subscription at least) to make it feel like a retail game I just purchased :p

I lost some of my subscriptions to cubes after the update though (like the penny pincher cube), I don't know how many I lost but I have resubscribed to all the ones I care about (or can remember) at least.