General CBS

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
You should also mention how people will actively comment on your cube thread even if your list is crap and you don't run power or Swords. I got more replies on my Cube here in like two days than I ever have on MTGS.

But God help you if you post a list with Wurmcoil Engine over here... :)

I wouldn't actually mind, it's happened before, but I don't think they stuck around for terribly long.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
But God help you if you post a list with Wurmcoil Engine over here... :)

I wouldn't actually mind, it's happened before, but I don't think they stuck around for terribly long.
I'm actually thinking of building a cube with Wurmcoil Engine and all of the other scraps and relics that don't make it into my main cube because, well, power issues. Throw in a Sol Ring of two, just go nuts. It'll be a nice change of scenery every once in a while, and casting big, powerful spells is fun every once in a while.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I'm actually thinking of building a cube with Wurmcoil Engine and all of the other scraps and relics that don't make it into my main cube because, well, power issues. Throw in a Sol Ring of two, just go nuts. It'll be a nice change of scenery every once in a while, and casting big, powerful spells is fun every once in a while.

Yeah, I see the appeal, spice of life, variety and all that. I think anotak dug up a crazy power-max-esque cube once that looked fun to play.

My list is singleton (gasp!), runs Sol Ring, Jitte, and Wurmcoil (the humanity!), and yet people here so far have been eminently reasonable and even super nice! If it weren't for you guys I'd still only have 3 dual lands per guild.
Of course, discussion has slowed a bit since then, but not much has changed in the Cube anyhow, so I can't complain haha

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Another topic: I just watched a draft of MM2 for the first time, and there's a huge degree of thematic and mechanical overlap between that set and Eldrazi Domain. I guess that's a function of the design restrictions, but it's cool to see.

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
I finally sat down and finished coloring my goblin token.
EkevYRS.jpg

It's Ishi-Ishi, Akki Crackshot when he's middle aged and bored. The war's over and he misses his goat.

I'm so stoked for all this! I don't know if i'll get a champion subscription but i'm excited about the sheer mass of functionality added

for example, did you know your cube now has a sideboard? or rather land binder page?

also, i own ~$300/~$1600 for my Cube, which is simultaneously more and less than i thought it'd be