General CBS

pucatrade is awesome! Definitely take up that offer, if you authenticate it i think shamizy gets some foils or whatever. The PucaPower javascript extension is good and convenient if you don't wanna refresh the site a bunch to send out your cards.

How did you find the spanish language version? I've been looking for italian delvers for forever.

I listed it under my profile and also checked up the subreddit. They had some trade thread with requests and stuff and I left mine there. Didn't expect a reply so quickly, but I got a PM just this morning and got the Sorin.

I get a dollar per person that uses that link. Help a brother out.

Aoret

Developer
Guys, I usually don't advertise shit, but I've been using pucatrade the last few days to get rid of junk and I've somehow amassed like $80 credit. Pretty sure that's my Cube singles fund for the next few months. Use it, it's easy, and you can get $5 credit by just filling out some stuff.

After looking a year for a Spanish Sorin, Lord of Innistrad (It's called SENOR DE INNISTRAD. How could I not), some dude hooked me up with one like the very next morning through that site. It was amazing. So yeah, def try it out. If nothing else, use that $5 credit to get yourself something!
Is it trading/credit only? Or can I melt cards into cash now that I don't care whether or not they're real?

Nah, as far as I know, there's no conversion back to cash. It's a pure points system, each point = 1 cent, and the prices for card on the site reflect the TCG-mid listing. Best way to get value if you're looking for other cards aside from actually trading with people irl.

I've noticed that nearly all the ramp in BFZ is explicitly designed to take you from the midgame of 4-6 mana to the lategame of 8-10. This differs from traditional mana dorks and Rampant Growth effects that are obviously useful for pure ramp decks, but can also have a home in midrange decks just to accelerate things by a turn. My intuition is that (most) cubes likely want a combination of both types - the earlier ramp cards become high draft picks due to their more universal appeal, while the pure ramp cards are more likely to wheel into the dedicated ramp deck.

I wanted to bring this up here to see if anyone else has thoughts about this tension and if so, if it's led to any changes in their cubes.

Aoret

Developer
That is a pretty cool concept! I think it likely holds up a little bit better in a Battlecruiser Magic environment than it does in cube, just by virtue of curve differences. I suspect that it's a lot harder for a "normal" deck to use 4-6 mana ramp in BFZ than it is for a "normal" deck to cast Cultivate in cube. (There is probably a concrete answer here involving typical land density numbers and statistics, but F that)

Either way I think you're onto something here whydirt. I'd be interested to hear the results if somebody does some work with this concept.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
That is a pretty cool concept! I think it likely holds up a little bit better in a Battlecruiser Magic environment than it does in cube, just by virtue of curve differences. I suspect that it's a lot harder for a "normal" deck to use 4-6 mana ramp in BFZ than it is for a "normal" deck to cast Cultivate in cube. (There is probably a concrete answer here involving typical land density numbers and statistics, but F that)

Either way I think you're onto something here whydirt. I'd be interested to hear the results if somebody does some work with this concept.

MODO cube is fairly battlecruisery and probably can accomodate them.

Dom Harvey

Contributor
so green has a bunch of ways to tutor up creatures, what are some good situational creatures (more exotic than Rec Sage or w/e) that are green or easily splashable?

Isnt this like the equivalent of telling someone that black isn't a Colour or your bitch of a teacher saying "I don't know can you?" after asking them if you can use the bathroom.

I know you're not exactly tying to be funny but I'd be happier if you tried a little harder for the rest of our sakes if you intend to play the infant provocateur. #nooffense

Isnt this like the equivalent of telling someone that black isn't a Colour or your bitch of a teacher saying "I don't know can you?" after asking them if you can use the bathroom.

I know you're not exactly tying to be funny...

Nah that was my favorite teacher and I like that kind of humor. Idk what I would be trying to provoke. Obviously it wasn't a very funny joke but I am actually just trying to be funny.

Umm guys anyone wana help me make a Kiora + Hangerback + Jace (+Den Protector) list?

I was bored enough to poke at this for five minutes but found that Kiora/Hangarback want to go huge with shaman of the forgotten ways and similar into omnath/eldrazi/dragons, but Jace wants good instants/sorceries so he's relevant, and both (Kiora and Jace) play well with delve cards. I kept hitting this weird christmasland midrange deck with no removal and just huge bombs and the best draw spells.

I dunno man. Something something terrible manabase awful numbers I'm just a timmy who wants to slam Omnath or Atarka on turn 4 you caught me

Herp Derp I know you wanted untap shenanigans but you got timmy.dec instead

Creatures (25)
Jace, Vryn's Prodigy
Hangarback Walker
Rattleclaw Mystic
Shaman of Forgotten Ways
Nissa, Vastwood Seer
Whisperwood Elemental
Omanth, Locus of Rage
Dragonlord Atarka
Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger

Spells (6)
Treasure Cruise
Ugin's Insight

Planeswalkers (3)
Kiora, Master of the Depths

Lands (26)
Lumbering Falls
Cinder Glade
Yavimaya Coast
Shivan Reef
Wooded Foothills
Island
Forest
Mountain

P.S. I was too lazy to check if jace's flip plays nicely with delve and I think ugin's insight is much better than people give it credit for also I just like plain draw so treasure cruise got the nod on "delve thing to do with our tiny self-mill theme"

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Nah that was my favorite teacher and I like that kind of humor. Idk what I would be trying to provoke. Obviously it wasn't a very funny joke but I am actually just trying to be funny.
I'm sorry Lucre, but that kind of humor tickles my fancy as well. I thought that was a sweet joke :) I guess I got the same standards as LSV as far as jokes go ;)

Laz

Developer
Hmm... Mana is really good if you go Bant (plus you get Dromoka's Command, which seems good here), but to leverage Jace, Kiora's -2 and Den Protector, you want to go BUG. There is definitely a RUG shell for Kiora, but it probably doesn't want to run Hangerback. Sarkhan Unbroken is one hell of a card, and you probably just want to go big for Dragonlord Atarka. Maybe there is a more control-oriented shell with Temur Charm and Savage Knuckleblade?

Something like the following (Probably bad, but has the shape of a plan)?

4 Gather the Pack
1 Murderous Cut
2 Dig Through Time
3 Sultai Charm
3 Ruinous Path
1 Ob Nixilis Reignited
3 Kiora, Master of Depths
3 Sidisi, Brood Tyrant
3 Tasigur, the Golden Fang
4 Jace, Vryn's Prodigy
4 Hangerback Walker
3 Den Protector
1 Greenwarden of Murasa
+ Manabase (25 lands)

EDIT: List looks a little creature light. Gather the Pack is an odd card, since it wants both spell density and creature density. Maybe shave some of the Sultai Charms, there is already a lot of creature removal, but it is damn flexible.

Sidisi, Brood Tyrant and new Kiora are gonna be the best gal pals.
sensei's divine otp
tumblr_ns8895zjFC1u88bnyo2_1280.jpg

(I'm also tentatively in favour of Chandra/Narset, or UTF-8 for short)

Random idea of the day: rebels count as allies and vice versa. Obviously, this would still have the drawbacks of tribal in terms of being a bit parasitic, but I think it could also open up some neat plays as well as expand rebels outside of white and a touch of black.

Wasn't there someone else here who made rebels just count humans? How'd that work out, assuming I'm remembering correctly?

I believe Any Cooperfauss changed a bunch of white creatures into being rebels. It sounds like a cool idea, but you'd have to be super familiar with what exactly was in the cube and was changed, as if you're facing down a Ramosian Sergeant and you don't know what it can fetch that would probably lead to some feel-bad blowout moments.