Sets [EMN] Eldritch Moon Spoilers Thread

It begins!
en_Z2nLZiWA1l.png

Source

I don't know, it seems kind of bad? I'm not sure how much value a one-shot Mindslaver has when the opponent gets another turn to mitigate the damage done. I guess it is still a 13/13 Flample with a reasonable protection ability for probably 8-10 mana, but honestly I'm not thrilled by it.

With Aston on this one, at least at first blush. It's hard to cheat it in for full value, and it's the most balanced mind slaver yet (not necessarily a bad thing).

Also can I just state for the record that even though I knew with 99% certainly she was the big bad, I'm still a little dissapointed? We just dealt with them last block, and we've already found our missing third titan? Lame. But I guess flavor wise or whatever, she's a good love crafting horror. Still meh

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
I think I'm board with this one for cube. She's decent if not spectacular in reanimator or any other kind of cheats deck, but if she can be reliably cast for ~9 mana, that makes her a perfectly reasonable top-end ramp target, with both a unique and fun effect on the game. She's probably objectively weaker than my favourite nine drop of choice, Tooth and Nail, but the fact that she goes in (slightly) more decks than just G/x ramp might give her the nod.

I think the new Emrakul is reasonably powerful for my cube, definitely goes into testing.
A fine reanimator target that can be hard casted pretty often also.

She does have quite a bit of play to her, maybe not as dull as she first seems. There's a really interesting mini game between ramping her out and getting more card types in the 'yard. Straight up turbo ramp rarely is also well positioned for delirium, so deck building challenges = fun.

Hmmm. Very nice. My RG potentially a little jammed for this, but I like that its valuable pump and removal in one card! Neat

You cast Emrakul, you take their turn and cast Emrakul, they take their extra turn, they take your turn, you take your extra turn, they take their turn, etc.