Sets [EMN] Eldritch Moon Spoilers Thread

Kirblinx

Developer
Staff member
Release Day Draft:

A Victor Emerges

Well, I did want to try our emerge, as it did seem strong in limited. Things just got passed to me that allowed me to go that direction.

Deck went 3-0, without dropping a game. Played against UR Spells, BR Vamps and WB Removal all of which were solid, but all had troubles against a turn 4 4/4 + 2 1/1's.

Card notes:
  • Clear Shot is just nuts. It can easily get you a 2-4-1, which green never gets. It was worth one of my only 2 non-creature slots :p
  • Fortunes Favor was my other non-creature and I only cast it once. It was solid but not amazing. It is more fun than powerful I think.
  • Drownyard Behemoth was definitly the best emerge card. Also a couple of different instances where I flashed it in off another emerge card for just 1-blue. Felt so hard to deal with. FEAR THE CRAB
  • Wharf Infiltrator almost singlehandedly won me a game. I was stuck on 3 islands for god knows how long, but just kept hitting in with it and a Tattered Haunter, and making dudes to keep his attackers at bay. Really want to see if this guy is any good in constructed.
  • Primal Druid was average. I had it in a game where I was stuck on two land for 3 turns and it wouldn't die. I guess it did save me some damage while I was stuck in that position, and I did win that game, but it feels so bad when you want to get that land and can't.
  • Grizzled Angler... Good little fishy, fishy, fishy, fishy.....

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
Fortune's Favor is so close! But I agree with you - I couldn't quite find a slot for it in my draft deck, and just ran Catalog instead, for curve considerations. I think a cube-friendly version would've been rare instead of uncommon, and flipped up five cards for your opponent to mull over.

They never see the Drownyard Behemoth coming. The sorcery-speed emerge cards I had were fine, but the giant (enemy) crab was on another level. Gave me nearly the same feeling as casting Restoration Angel in cube.

I think Selfless Spirit is just fine power-level wise for most cubes, but then again I don't know your specifics. If you have enough interaction, however, a 2/1 that gives your team protection from most wraths should be just fine to run.

Got some testing in with this card, and woo boy, it is good. As I expected, the flexibility is what gives it the edge here, both being able to bounce things and spells is just so nice! Used it for the Remand side most of the time, but unsummoned at least one creature in response to something. Having both Venser and Unsubstantiate in the same deck was certainly fun :). For those on the fence, would recommend! :D

Got some testing in with this card, and woo boy, it is good. As I expected, the flexibility is what gives it the edge here, both being able to bounce things and spells is just so nice! Used it for the Remand side most of the time, but unsummoned at least one creature in response to something. Having both Venser and Unsubstantiate in the same deck was certainly fun :). For those on the fence, would recommend! :D
Huh. I also like the card, but I find that I've used the Unsummon ability way more than the Remand ability. Interesting.