Sets [EMN] Eldritch Moon Spoilers Thread

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
coaxfromtheblindeternities.jpg

Why is this blue?
Very, very weird... There is a precedent for blue searching for "colorless" things in Fabricate, but story wise this makes no sense at all, unless Nahiri turned blue.

Laz

Developer
Man, imagine how neat this twist would have been if the blocks were in reverse order.

Jace is skulking around Innistrad and suddenly, Eldrazi! Then there is the 'oh god... what is happening on Zendikar?' realisation, and they rush back there.

(Or... they don't. I hated that whole block (and I don't card how damn well it is represented in my cube))

Kirblinx

Developer
Staff member
Well, looky who we have here. The Queen of the Hatebears returns:
thaliacatharheretic.jpg

Thalia, Cathar Heretic {2}{W}
Legendary Creature - Human Soldier
First strike
Creatures and nonbasic lands your opponents control enter the battlefield tapped.
3/2

This has to see some play right? 3/2 First Strike is so hard to stop (Alesha showed us that), plus throw on Imposing Sovereign's ability and an extra one to hose random non-basic lands and you have a card that is going to be a staple for all sorts of random formats.

May as well show the other promo as well even if it isn't as great
supplanterofidentity.jpg

Supplanter of Identity {2}{U}{U}
Creature - Shapeshifter
Whenever Supplanter of Identity attacks, you may exile another target non-token creature. If you do, Supplanter of Identity becomes a copy of that creature until the end of the turn. Return the exiled card to the battlefield under its owner's control at the begining of the next end step.
0/3

Cool flavour. Also nice that it is a clone that will always be the best attacker on board. Even does a weird Goblin Heelcutter impression. I'd be happy to open this in sealed (I was also pretty happy with Altered Ego) .

The set symbol watermark made me think she's the release promo, since the buy-a-box promos have been using the 'array of mana symbols' watermark while the launch promos get the set symbol for years (and I just recently saw an OGW buy-a-box dark-dwellers, which used the same), but it seems they switched it up with SOI and are using the set symbol as the watermark for both buy-a-box and launch now. Really threw me off.

Thalia for legacy D&T? Seems to fit the strategy perfectly? Even fetches come in tapped! And then the dual you fetch for, or you are forced to get basics! Nice.

Bonus point for making sneak attack worse

EDIT: Think I found my replacement for the Eidolon of Countless Battles I was looking to replace :)

Dom Harvey

Contributor
Thalia looks great! My problem with Imposing Sovereign was that the body was just a Savannah Lions, which was always pretty bad in my Cube. This is a better version of the effect on a good attacker, which is perfect

Oh God, the town swings for 13. I'm terrified.

Also, Imposing Sovereign is amazing. That card does more work than 2 drops have any business doing.