General Fight Club

Tough decision. I chose Obzedat, because he is the better card in vacuum and does not necessary need a deckbuild around.The better card to be blinked, haste after wrath-effects and so on.

But I also love the second one (Flavour). In my opinion sacrifice is a more Rakdosmechanic

Just my two cents.

Aren't they? Certainly Obzedat encompasses the spirits in Ghost Council of Orzhova. They are immortal after all, right?

They are indeed immortal, though council membership waxes and wanes due to the fickle nature of the guild itself.

MaRo mentioned it during Gencon or some similar event when they were unveiling returning to Ravnica. I can't seem to find the article or link of the actual comment but he basically said that while it is the same ghost council, the actual spirits within the group have changed somewhat.

I also haven't played with or against Obzedat in a limited format before, but I hear it's pretty much unbeatable? Just wondering if it might be too strong in a cube with no unconditional removal spells?

Also:

I'm leaning more towards Bounty though... till I realized the counters are only temporary. Now perhaps Blessings seems better?

and

The fairer or better card? Slapping a on that tree is no joke!

They are indeed immortal, though council membership waxes and wanes due to the fickle nature of the guild itself.

MaRo mentioned it during Gencon or some similar event when they were unveiling returning to Ravnica. I can't seem to find the article or link of the actual comment but he basically said that while it is the same ghost council, the actual spirits within the group have changed somewhat.

I also haven't played with or against Obzedat in a limited format before, but I hear it's pretty much unbeatable? Just wondering if it might be too strong in a cube with no unconditional removal spells?

Also:

Bounty of the Hunt
Blessings of Nature
Incremental Growth

I'm leaning more towards Bounty though... till I realized the counters are only temporary. Now perhaps Blessings seems better?

and

Algae Gharial
Lumberknot

The fairer or better card? Slapping a Gift of Orzhova on that tree is no joke!

Blessings of Nature and it isn't even close. Bounty is a terrible overcosted splittable Giant Growth that can be "free" at the cost of pitching, probably, a much better card, and has some really niche who-cares play to it. Incremental is only for durdle/low-powered cubes imo. I run Blessings (we like miracles here) and it feels amazing even if you hardcast it, which is something I seriously didn't expect at all. It's really helped push Green as the main colour of the +1/+1 counter party, and I am always happy to draft it despite initial concerns that it was too much for too little; I don't really like creature buffs often due to instant-speed removal, but. I actually always draft and play Blessings, despite it generally showing up in my opening hand.

I prefer Lumberknot by a lot. Double green is nice, hexproof is ok in small doses imo, and you're paying a lot for a 1/1 that grows potentially really slowly outside of the right deck. Yeah sometime someone is gonna make a great combo go off with Wank Zone / Carrion Feeder and Gift of Orzhova but I say hey, let em. By the point in the game where ol' Lumberknot becomes the game-winning, unkillable threat that he wants to be with that sort of strategy, we're probably at the point in the game where winning with it feels like a natural conclusion to the match, rather than some "unfun combo". Just my 2 cents!

EDIT: I cut Obzedat because they were really slow and not really that exciting to us. Feels like a very who-cares card that is a Standard/draft bomb but totally dull despite the inevitability it provides

bounty of the hunt and sharpie through the "remove counters" line? it would be pretty interesting, in an old school green stompy scythe tiger kind of way

using em as-is, though, clearly blessings for ravebornmuse's reasons

also holy crap the errata attempts on bounty:

63.jpg

23.jpg

38.jpg

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
bounty of the hunt and sharpie through the "remove counters" line? it would be pretty interesting, in an old school green stompy scythe tiger kind of way

using em as-is, though, clearly blessings for ravebornmuse's reasons

also holy crap the errata attempts on bounty:

63.jpg

23.jpg

38.jpg
You forgot the current Oracle wording:

You may exile a green card from your hand rather than pay Bounty of the Hunt's mana cost.

Distribute three +1/+1 counters among one, two, or three target creatures. For each +1/+1 counter you put on a creature this way, remove a +1/+1 counter from that creature at the beginning of the next cleanup step.
That's right! It's back to using counters!

CML

Contributor
Travel Prep is very low-powered and a legit gold card in a section where you have dozens of better options

Increasing Savagery is one of the coolest buff spells

I'd say chord if you support tokens, GSZ if you have many tutor options at a lower cc.

VS

The cube has some very minor aura support, ie Rancor, etc... and has a small lifegain thing going on as well.

I love Chord of Calling, the triple green isn't that bad because you're usually convoking. The ability to create a surprise blocker or attacker at end of turn is great. Plus any creature, other than just green.

Chord is hard to cast and other colors have better options to find creatures or cheat creatures into play.
Green Sun's on the other hand is THE toolbox for green, so yeah, pretty easy Zenith in my books.