General Fight Club

Clique is a little weird in your cube Chris I'm not sure what it is meant to reward or incentivize because your cube is built on incremental things like two/three drops, mana sinks, spell triggers and counter bonuses. Puppeteers maybe get you a blade splicer but it's nothing to consider in the deck building process.

I guess if you end up in some weird deck that wants to late game clique with free +1 counters it might be sweet.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Clique is a little weird in your cube Chris I'm not sure what it is meant to reward or incentivize because your cube is built on incremental things like two/three drops, mana sinks, spell triggers and counter bonuses. Puppeteers maybe get you a blade splicer but it's nothing to consider in the deck building process.

I guess if you end up in some weird deck that wants to late game clique with free +1 counters it might be sweet.

It's more a lategame use for the gravecrawler deck, and I've seen it combo kill a lot of people, and generate sweet value when it can't. It's pretty mediocre without a sac outlet, but not really that bad.

Clique is a good card that goes into a lot of unusual builds. It's decent in aggro (if your opponent has targets). It's also cool in some control/combo style decks as it works great with removal you are already running and it can feed sac engines, etc. Without support it's not all that great, but thankfully it isn't hard to build decks that can maximize it. Very fun card if your cube is slow enough.

EDIT: My cube is very creature based and heavy midrange, so it may be better here than in other meta's. Not sure.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Clique is a good card that goes into a lot of unusual builds. It's decent in aggro (if your opponent has targets). It's also cool in some control/combo style decks as it works great with removal you are already running and it can feed sac engines, etc. Without support it's not all that great, but thankfully it isn't hard to build decks that can maximize it. Very fun card if your cube is slow enough.

EDIT: My cube is very creature based and heavy midrange, so it may be better here than in other meta's. Not sure.

It might be, but It's still quite strong in mine, where lucas is convinced wasteland and curve make 4 drops unplayable, so I'd say the baseline is pretty high as long as you have sac outlets

Grillo_Parlante

Contributor
Unplayable though?
I prefer the "you actually need to affect the board early" maxim

There might be some exaggeration there; can't say for sure as I've never played the format. I just know its possible for formats to get so condensed that 4 drops become a lot worse. Thats why you have the design shift towards having ETB attached to them, to help make up for the loss in spell velocity.

I think she's close enough to where I won't run it. At a minimum, she enables easy-mode drafting because it's impossible for that card to suck regardless of your deck build (unless you have no plains I guess).

The few times I've decided I needed her it was because I was trying to push some specific deck (generic white weenie) that really doesn't belong in cube. It reminds me of when I really wanted counter burn to be a thing and the only way I could make that deck competitive was by running Inferno Titan. Or recently, when I wanted to keep Tinker but the only way I could make a tinker deck that wasn't garbage was by running Sundering Titan and Inkwell Leviathan.

Sometimes it's better to just to let go.

On a serious note... is Hero of Bladehold GRBS? I guess I never really scrunitized her, but she does put an obscene amount of power onto the table if she's allowed to turn sideways even twice.

Yes. It's a card you answer on your next turn or get wrecked by. It spews too much power on the board and it's a card you'll just slot into any deck that is running white. It's just way too damn strong. Baby Grave Titan definitely best description, it's a mindlessly strong card with zero play to it. There's only one thing to do once you play it: keep swinging. Free token makers shouldn't be underestimated in Cube. There's such a minimal cost to cards like Brimaz, Grave Titan and Bladehold that they're just too dumb for me to want to run in my cube at least. I don't like cards like that.

I'm not sure I'm convinced of that, really. I mean are you really saying Draco isn't good enough?

I keep trying to find a way to make "fair value tinker" a real deck, but it's too much work. It's not impossible, it just isn't worth it. And so I finally gave up. Tinker is officially gone from my cube which makes me a little sad but it's better this way.

Two of the hardest cuts for me were Tinker and Recurring Nightmare. But one requires broken cards to be worth building a deck around and the other is just plain broken in everything.

I need a few preferences from you guys :) (for a multiplayerenviroment) First against second (.. Brawler vs. Archon, Zenith vs. Wastes and so on)

-> also pick two out of four (Reveillark, Angel of Serenity, Wingmate Roc, Sunscorch Regent)

I support the following archetypes in general:
What does the colours do?
W: Major: Token/Swarm, Aura, Flicker, Lifegain Minor: White Weenie, Control
R: Major: AGGRO, Tokens, Sacrifice Minor: Dragons, Goblins (refers to tokens)
G: Major: Counters, Aura, Graveyardsynergy Minor: Tokens, Ramp
B: Major: Lifedrain, Sacrifice, Graveyard Synergy Minor: Mill, Removalbeast,
U: Major: Flicker/Bounce, Cardadvantage/quality, Counters, Minor: Mill, counterspells
A: Major: Supportive Minor: Ramp, Manafixing
Archetypes
WR Boros -> Tokens/Swarm
WG Selesnija -> Auras
WU Azorius -> Flicker
WB Orzhov -> Lifedrain
RG Gruul -> Midrange
RU Izzet -> Cardadvantage/Cardquality
RB Rakdos -> Sacrifice
BG Golgari -> Graveyard synergy
BU Dimir -> mill
UG Simic -> counters

Some of the cards doesn´t fill out the same spot but I want to replace them. If any information is need tell me.
ps: I hope it is ok, that I run a few fights more, if there is another thread for this please contact me or sing a song